[personal][crazy][ot] karl-story/spamlog: heartpulse

k gmkarl at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 01:12:25 PST 2022

I'm quite excited that I managed to daydream how einsums related to
matmuls yesterday, and still retain the concepts today.

A _real_ goal I _actually_ hold, is building a small cell phone app to
read heartbeats at a distance: in a general way to expand to other
subtle information.  This was a small hobby I was pursuing based on a
small research paper that hit the newspapers around 2013.  The
algorithms used advanced linear algebra, and they are roughly why I
have so much trouble thinking about linear algebra.

It's a pointless goal, it's just for therapy.  Like shielding and
cryptocurrency, I've been making absolutely no progress on it for 9
years now.

The purpose of the cell phone app is to show people how powerful
surveillance is.  You really can read somebody's heartbeat at a
distance with a cell phone camera, along with so so much more.

As my life deteriorated, the purpose of building the app wasn't to do
anything real. It was just to make rational decisions. Why am I
working on complex algorithm projects if I can't make a simple cell
phone app? It's like a litmus test for being able to do things with
success.

I'd like to note some progress around this goal I held. It would be
pleasant to me to accomplish this goal.