[crazy][hobby][spam] Automated Reverse Engineering

k gmkarl at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 16:00:19 PST 2022

- it turns out that deserialization of compiled tpu code isn't
implemented in colab notebooks yet.  might be easy to implement, might
be nearly impossible, haven't looked.  so not too much was
accomplished by the use of tpu vms other than realising they're there
for when a lot of speed is needed.

- i started some code for gathering more data, currently at
https://github.com/xloem/techsketball/blob/main/apt_.py .  it
enumerates packages from all architectures of debian and ubuntu
distributions and pairs the source, debug symbols, and binaries
together.  it parses line number/address mapping information for all
files from the dwarf information.

collecting that data is a big thing.  it's enough data for a large
entity to solve this problem without issue.  the intensity of it might
change my task, unsure.  it's notable that commonly available research
models might need another year or two to really make this task simple,
clear, and easy for a raspberry pi user like me, but that it's also
still quite reasonable to shore up the situation with some
understanding of binary layouts and model architectures.