Cont of life

zeynepaydogan zeynepaydogan at protonmail.com
Sun Jan 23 01:21:25 PST 2022

He decided it was human hatred and not divine vengeance that had plunged him into this abyss. He doomed these unknown men to every torment that his inflamed imagination could devise, while still considering that the most frightful were too mild and, above all, too brief for them: torture was followed by death, and death brought, if not repose, at least an insensibility that resembled it. (Chapter 15)

"I regret having helped you in your investigation and said what I did to you," he remarked.

Sent with [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com/) Secure Email.