Returning travellers made to hand over phones and passcodes to Australian Border Force

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 23:24:48 PST 2022

On 1/17/22, jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Returning travellers made to hand over phones and passcodes to Australian
> Border Force
>
> https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/18/returning-travellers-made-to-hand-over-phones-and-passcodes-to-australian-border-force
> https://www.reddit.com/r/australia/comments/s1pvs3/customs_confiscated_and_scanned_our_mobile_phones/
> Software developer ... were stopped by border force ... taking their phones
> “We weren’t informed why they wanted to look at the phones. We were told
> nothing,” he told Guardian Australia.

> Jim Bell's comment:
> Yet another good argument for a functional and easy-to-use AP system.

It's been well known for years that any of the many coins
that can send some text along inside each transaction
could be used to run General Purpose Prediction Markets.

Maybe Govts are trying to snoop every developer so that they can
make their own more accurate predictions about when PM's will
roll out to solve the lingering question of "But who will build the roads?"

What prediction odds are people giving that Craig Wright will
roll back his BSV chain when someone does transactions
he disagrees with, such as predicting when he will loose
his next court case...

https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Ch/2022/2.html

    4. The claimant is a Seychelles incorporated company, whose ultimate
       beneficial owners are Dr Craig Wright and his family. Dr Wright claims
       to have created the Bitcoin system under the pseudonym "Satoshi
       Nakamoto".

    5. The defendants are open-source software developers who developed or
       improved the Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin Cash ABC software on a
       non-commercial basis.

    6. The claimant claims to be the owner of about US$4.5 billion worth of
       digital assets ("the Bitcoin"), which were accessed and controlled by
       Dr Wright from his computer and network in England. In order to do so,
       Dr Wright used secure "private keys". These private keys were deleted
       (presumably after having been copied) by hackers who accessed Dr
       Wright's computer in February 2020. Dr Wright is now unable to access
       the Bitcoin.

    7. The claimant's case is that the defendants owe fiduciary and tortious
       duties to it to re-write or amend the underlying software code to
       enable it to access the Bitcoin. It has asked them to take those
       steps. The defendants do not consider themselves to be under the
       duties alleged by the claimant and have refused to take the steps
       requested.