DOC - Decentralized Onion Communication

k gmkarl at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 03:49:12 PST 2022

> Do you recall my suggestion from about 2 years ago that a new anonymity
>> network be built, akin to TOR, but hosted by 1000+ people out of their
>> homes and small businesses?  I mentioned using Raspberry Pi.
>>
>> I recall this a little.  I was feeling discouraged at the time.  Why
> worry about hosting when everyone has a device already they are using

I thought about this further and realise the reason to normalise the
routing device would be to move toward protecting against sybil attacks via
normalising device security.

to email with?  Why start a new project rather than forking an old --
> unless the old ones are overcomplicated and unweildy.

Question still stands.

The main desirable thing is that unlimited-data Internet be available,