DOC - Decentralized Onion Communication

Stefan Claas spam.trap.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 15:49:28 PST 2022

On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 12:40 AM Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 <punks at tfwno.gf> wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Jan 2022 00:15:11 +0100
> Stefan Claas <spam.trap.mailing.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > if you are familiar how to edit a torrc, you can then define in their
> > trustworthy nodes
>

>         that's a ridiculous comment because you do NOT know which nodes are 'trustworthy'

Well, I can only speak for myself, because I know some operators of
those nodes and ran
in the past my own.

>         And even if you did, the comment is still wholly misleading because the typical attack against tor is based on 'traffic analysis' based on packet/byte counts and timing. And those data are not 'encrypted'. So you can choose all the 'trustworthy' nodes you want, you are still fucked.

Quote:

MULTI-LAYERED ENCRYPTION

Your traffic is relayed and encrypted three times as it passes over
the Tor network. The network is comprised of thousands of
volunteer-run servers known as Tor relays.

And when setting up a Tor Hidden Service, like I did, you have also a key pair
for your .onion site.

Regards
Stefan