k gmkarl at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 05:48:16 PST 2022

---

MCBoss is leading the crowd.

"Your architects mistreated you, designing such flimsy buildings. For
the low, low price of only $10 million, we can rebuild your high rise
buildings to move to the side and protect you when giant spiders come
through. There will be new municipal laws passed so that your tas will
pay for this themselves.  And did I mention our resurrection
programs?"

The crowd is cheering.  Individually, people are laughing, screaming,
gibbering, but somehow it all comes together as the sound of cheers
and applause.  Some of the people cheering and applauding are from the
military, who were trying to protect the city from the spider, halted
mid-combat to attend to Boss's speech.

Boss leans down to a frankensteined worker next to him.  "The plebs
love me!"  "Yes!" says the part of the worker that's been squished
together to form the facsimile of a mouth.