[ot][spam][crazy] holding community goals

k gmkarl at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 03:37:32 PST 2022

Here's an idea we could hire people with words.  The payment would be
kind words, for proper work done.

Payday arrives.  People crowd around.

"I would like to cash my paycheck.  I've earned 3 thank yous and 2
personal encouragements."

"What's your name?"

"Jeff Smith." [hands check]

[flips through books]

"Jeff Smith, thank you so much for your work with us.  When you helped
this past payment cycle, it really aided so many things in so many
ways. I personally am using many of the things you worked on, as are
many of my friends and family. Thank you so, so much for these things.
You can count on me if you are ever in a time of need, and I want you
to know that I really look up to you, and the things you were trying
this week look like they're really going to work. It's obvious to me
that you can do anything you can put your mind to, and I think about
you when I encounter new challenges now."

"Thank you.  Can I have my receipt?"

"Wait for the printer."