War Crime of Aggressions

Gunnar Larson g at xny.io
Fri Jan 7 02:37:11 PST 2022

Today on the Memo #1 draft, we debate a potential war crime, aggression.

If there was only one active war on the planet, with only one capital city
still divided today, would you short sell the adversaries stock market?
Then invest in the largest bank on the other side?

Fines were paid, but as we get older with this graduate research, the war
crime aggression cannot escape thought.

---------

A *crime of aggression* is a specific type of crime where a person plans,
initiates, or executes an act of aggression using state military force that
violates the Charter of the United Nations
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charter_of_the_United_Nations>. The act is
judged as a violation based on its character, gravity, and scale.[1]
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_of_aggression#cite_note-:0-1>

Acts of aggression include invasion, military occupation, annexation by the
use of force, bombardment, and military blockade of ports.[1]
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_of_aggression#cite_note-:0-1>

The crime of aggression is a crime <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime> under
the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rome_Statute_of_the_International_Criminal_Court>.
The definitions and the conditions for the exercise of jurisdiction
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jurisdiction> over this crime were adopted
by consensus <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consensus_decision-making> on
11 June 2010 at the Kampala Review Conference
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Review_Conference_of_the_Rome_Statute_of_the_International_Criminal_Court>
by
the States Parties to the Court
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/States_parties_to_the_Rome_Statute_of_the_International_Criminal_Court>