[ot][spam][crazy] Doing Nothing / karl status

k gmkarl at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 02:02:42 PST 2022

While I was building, I encountered an android compile crash and filed
a bug for it with the android ndk.

strangely, the crash occurred only on desktop, not on the mobile
device, although I expect both should be using the same compiler.

here's the bug i filed:
https://github.com/android/ndk/issues/1645#issuecomment-1006995288

here's a copy-paste of its page:

Search or jump to…
Pulls
Issues
Marketplace
Explore

@xloem
android
/
ndk
Public
Code
Issues
161
Pull requests
Discussions
Actions
Projects
4
Wiki
More
[BUG] clang-12: error: clang frontend command failed with exit code 139 #1645
 Open
xloem opened this issue 2 days ago · 4 comments
Comments
@xloem

xloem commented 2 days ago •
Description
While building, the compiler crashed and informed me to report a bug.
I have attached its generated data, which appears to likely form a
test case.

clang.log
MaxUnpoolKernel_cpp_sh.tar.gz

Update: This crash went away for me when I switched to ndk 24-beta2.

Environment Details
NDK Version: 23.1.7779620
Build system: cmake ninja
Host OS: Linux Ubuntu 20.04.3, running from docker image termux/package-builder
ABI: arm64-v8a
NDK API level: 23
Device API level: n/a
@xloem xloem added the bug label 2 days ago
@DanAlbert DanAlbert added this to Awaiting triage in LLVM via
automation yesterday
@DanAlbert DanAlbert added this to Triaged in r24 via automation yesterday
@DanAlbert DanAlbert added this to Triaged in r23c via automation yesterday
@DanAlbert DanAlbert assigned stephenhines and pirama-arumuga-nainar yesterday
@pirama-arumuga-nainar

Collaborator
pirama-arumuga-nainar commented 15 hours ago
This need not be triaged for r24 as mentioned in the original report.

Crashes in r23 clang: SHA 8456c3a789285079ad35d146e487436b5a27b027
Fixed in r24 clang: SHA 0fe7531b75e54909a7cb7f7080634ab2053964ad

Next step is to identify a fix using git bisect and cherry-pick to the
LTS compiler branch.

@pirama-arumuga-nainar

Collaborator
pirama-arumuga-nainar commented 11 hours ago
Fix is:

commit 7654bb6303d290b19cad29137be810e69a0bf917
Author: Alexey Bataev <a.bataev at outlook.com>
Date:   Wed Mar 24 09:24:24 2021 -0700

    [OPENMP]Fix PR48571: critical/master in outlined contexts cause crash.

    If emit inlined region for master/critical directives, no need to clear
    lambda/block context data, otherwise the variables cannot be found and
    it causes a crash at compile time.

    Differential Revision: https://reviews.llvm.org/D99280
@DanAlbert DanAlbert removed this from Triaged in r24 11 hours ago
@pirama-arumuga-nainar

Collaborator
pirama-arumuga-nainar commented 11 hours ago
https://android-review.googlesource.com/c/toolchain/llvm_android/+/1939337
cherry-picks it to the necessary branch. Just need a prebuilt update
before r23c.

@pirama-arumuga-nainar pirama-arumuga-nainar moved this from Awaiting
triage to Awaiting prebuilt drop in LLVM 11 hours ago
@pirama-arumuga-nainar pirama-arumuga-nainar moved this from Triaged
to Needs prebuilt update in r23c 11 hours ago
@pirama-arumuga-nainar pirama-arumuga-nainar moved this from Needs
prebuilt update to Triaged in r23c 11 hours ago
@DanAlbert

Member
DanAlbert commented 11 hours ago
This need not be triaged for r24 as mentioned in the original report.

Whoops, a little overzealous while batch triaging :) Thanks

@xloem

Leave a comment
No file chosen
Attach files by dragging & dropping, selecting or pasting them.
Remember, contributions to this repository should follow its
contributing guidelines.
Assignees
@stephenhines
stephenhines
@pirama-arumuga-nainar
pirama-arumuga-nainar
Labels
bug
Projects
LLVM

Awaiting prebuilt drop
r23c

Triaged
Milestone
No milestone
Linked pull requests
Successfully merging a pull request may close this issue.

None yet
Notifications
Customize
You’re receiving notifications because you authored the thread.
4 participants
@xloem
@DanAlbert
@stephenhines