Internet as CIA plot

professor rat pro2rat at yahoo.com.au
Wed Feb 23 16:04:35 PST 2022

 " . . . that the American government's efforts to create the Arpanet would eventually be seen as a very involved and long-term government suicide. . . "

Would seem to be uncontroversial on this list - even quickly perusing corrupted list archives.

 This entire list is predicated on discussions about what comes after the death of Uncle Scam - ' Cryptoanarchism ' in a nutshell.

I would argue the effective death of the USA has already happened back in May 2005.  Your mileage may vary - obviously a rattlesnake may be dangerous for a while after having its head severed.

It would also seem uncontroversial to say the old Arpanet soon escaped any real chance of centralized command-and-control and as the freewheeling anarchic internet has been - on the whole - a boon to most humanity.

Not really that complicated - and as I said - it only took 20 years from 1985 - 2005 to take over effective global hegemony from the Great Satan.

" Victory is here - its just not evenly distributed " - William Gibson

As for comments implying most people need enlightened leadership - as an anarchist, I violently reject these. Examples . . .

" . . . that fact would no longer be apparent to anybody who didn't have the accurate archive or at least an excellent memory. . . " ( Dumbell's loser-victim whining about being cheated somehow )

or even worse

2011 JULIAN ' The 95% of the population which comprise the flock.. ' ASSANGE  - the arrogant, ignorant cypherpunk megalomaniac at work.

But anyway here's one really easy way to stop being pushed around by the net - get off it.  Logically the loudest whiners ought to be the first to leave ( Batshit-crazies excepted )

I believed and still believe that the Internet is a threat to all forms of ignorance and arrogance. Given the chance - by Cypherpunk 2027 -  we may even start to roll back common, or garden insanity.

Welcome to the global anarchist revolution.