Cryptocurrency: Is Political, Requires Prepared Mind to Win the Crypto Wars

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 15:46:11 PST 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTR-kfr0PUc
https://www.theblockcrypto.com/linked/133586/russia-set-to-recognize-crypto-as-a-form-of-currency-report
https://medium.com/coinmonks/the-modern-financial-system-is-a-debt-based-pyramid-scheme-and-an-investment-based-ponzi-scheme-e37c4154b9
https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/02/11/russian-opposition-finds-refuge-in-bitcoin-a72907

"
With Russia's ongoing invasion of Ukraine, the U.S and EU are imposing
financial sanctions on Russia and will essentially attempt to exclude
them from the international economy. I think Russia's response to this
is pretty obvious and telegraphed, they are going to embrace Bitcoin
so that their oligarchs and members of government can continue to
transact internationally. Hopefully their citizens are also allowed to
use it without too much regulation, but not holding my breath. We've
already seen the draft bill of this, and now more than ever they have
a justification to accelerate this. I don't know whether it happens in
the next three weeks or next six month, but it appears to me that the
course is set. Putin has been yearning to invade Ukraine ever since
2014, but the financial sanctions that would ensue were probably
enough of a deterrent. Up until now. Putin now has an alternative, and
he seems to have gained enough confidence in Bitcoin's decentralized
and uncensorable attributes to use it to circumvent the international
dollar system.

The reason for this post is to remind people that if/when Russia does
this, you might want to reconsider how open you are in public about
being a Bitcoiner.

If Russia adopts Bitcoin, the legacy media and politicians are going
to very quickly shape and pressure public opinion into believing that
Bitcoin is to blame for Russia's sudden immunity to financial
sanctions. They will call it a dictator's weapon and the reason why
their financial warfare tactics are no longer effective. It could even
get so bad as to a minority of media claiming that Bitcoiners are
colluding with the Russian state. Stuff like "The only reason why you
own Bitcoin is to transact with the Russian state" or " Anyone
promoting Bitcoin is promoting Russia". (Writing these easy to predict
quips makes me feel physically sick).

I personally have nothing but hatred and disgust for Vladimir Putin.
He has shown on countless occasions that he is a psychopathic tyrant
who uses force to coerce millions of people in doing things that are
beneficial to him and detrimental to them. He is a net negative for
humanity.

However, Bitcoin is a neutral technology that is available to all. To
dictators and freedom fighters alike. What each person decides to do
with that tool is fully their responsibility and has nothing to do
with the tool itself. For example, if it weren't for Bitcoin, there
would not be any political opposition in Russia in the first place.
Just as Putin can benefit by adopting Bitcoin, he can also be
tremendously harmed by it.

Bitcoin is apolitical. I know that everyone in this sub understands
this. But the majority of people do not. And I'm afraid that the topic
of Bitcoin is about to get disgustingly politicized. If this is the
case (I really hope I'm wrong), then you might want to reconsider how
open you are about being a Bitcoiner.

The decision will be 100% yours. Some will be defiant and brave enough
to take on the senseless criticism heads on. Others will prefer to
self-censor to avoid the emotionally draining societal pressure. Every
person will know for themselves what the best course of action
depending on their unique set of circumstances.

Be mindful that full scale social and political ostracization can be
mentally very, very tough.

All I'm saying is to that it´s probably a good idea to decide ahead of
time how you are going to act in case this likely scenario does indeed
play out. This way you can minimize any regret.

And, I can only hope that this amazing community will continue to be a
refuge for divergent and politically alienated people. Whatever you
decide to do, I feel confident in saying that Bitcoiners will keep on
having each other´s back.
"

"I buy Bitcoin because I'm able to take my money (effectively my
time/life!) and buy something that is not controlled by either Putin
or Biden."

https://theanarchistlibrary.org/library/lewis-herber-murray-bookchin-towards-a-liberatory-technology

"
I'm open about my Bitcoiner status to the point where the only shirts
I wear now are Bitcoin shirts to McDonalds ad level expose people to
it that I come across every day. If someone ever says anything about
Bitcoin, I always get the conversation on how the dollar and fiat
systems like it are the biggest ponzi schemes ever invented. From
there, I have years worth of data material to bring up to prove that
case. Those conversations always end up with people questioning the
security risks of their dollar instead of the risks of Bitcoin.
"