Avenues for Data Preservation?

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 22:53:32 PST 2022

Hi,

My name is Karl Semich. I became a political target around 2013 and
developed a bad dissociative psychosis where I fervently replay my
fears.

Due to my disorder, I constantly break my electronic data storage devices.

I also experience network compromise, mutated SSL certificates,
harassment from infrastructure etc. I have logs of some of this, but
it is very hard not to destroy them. It's also hard for me to
distinguish between the past and the present.

As an example of infrastructure harassment, I put my truck in for
repair once. It was a year before I saw it again. Every month I would
call them, and they said they had ordered a new transmission since
last I called, but every month it was a new wrong model of
transmission that was delivered. They eventually found somebody to
rebuild the original transmission, because the manufacturer would not
deliver a new one. When I finally got my truck back, my electronics
from inside it to build a wired security camera run off a raspberry pi
had disappeared.

Businesses don't seem familiar with cryptography, and I don't trust
them to preserve my data. I have uploaded a number of files to amazon
glacier using git-annex's glacier backend, that no longer sync down
when requested.

It would be so very wonderful to have a way to store and share data
that is cryptographically prevented from destruction. Does anybody
know of an existing way to do this?

I've also had git repositories get damaged when syncing across
different media. It would be so nice to have an existing way to secure
a hash of my git content, or of any file tree, to verify the data has
stayed the same. Does anybody know of an existing way to do this?

I really work best from the command line. I can have problems with GUI
environments.

Thank you so much for any reply,
Karl

I am also very sorry for spamming this list. It looks like my attempts
to consider asking for help turned into a lot of crazy posts. I'm
mostly posting this after 'reading between the lines' of the
experiences of making those crazy posts.