ping - Karl

Stefan Claas stefan at ctemplar.com
Sat Feb 19 08:29:02 PST 2022

The reason why I did it this way with a certificate:

To have a *proof* of ownership and option that it
is me who did that and the blockchain helps to
undermine that, because at the timestamping service
I am registered and log in there via Gmail.

My pub key in the certified document is stored
on a YubiKey for additional security and can be
uses with rage, the Rust version of age, because
age currently does not have this option.

Two other things about my certificate.

The identicon graphic represents a visual representation
of my public key ASCII string and the QR-Code contains
a Hashcash token, created from my pub key and De-Mail
adress.

Regards
Stefan