Coronavirus: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 17:50:30 PST 2022

Rand Paul Vows To "Force A Repeal Of The Federal Regulation Mandating Masks"

https://summit.news/2022/02/18/rand-paul-vows-to-force-a-repeal-of-the-federal-regulation-mandating-masks/

Senator Rand Paul declared this week that he is already gathering
signatures from lawmakers in an effort to force a vote to repeal
federal mask mandates on planes.

In an Newsmax interview, Paul asserted that “what we’ve said [about]
the vaccine mandates is, we’re sick and tired of the government
mandating our behavior and taking our liberty away, and I’m as mad as
the Canadian truckers are.”

“I want it to end,” Paul continued, adding “There’s no science behind
these mask mandates, we’re just punishing our children, let’s end it.”

“It’s beginning to unravel,” Paul declared, saying that several
Democratic governors are starting to “back away” from mask mandates.

“But we need to push from here in Washington,” the Senator added.

“You know, cloth masks don’t work, the virus goes through the cloth
mask and around the cloth mask. It’s a joke, it’s theater, and there’s
no reason to be wearing them on the planes. we are just punishing
ourselves. And I, for one, I’m tired of paying the airlines to be
treated like crap when I get on the plane,” Paul urged.

“I want to be treated like a paying customer, and I want them to bring
me at least a glass of water and peanuts, and I don’t want somebody
jammering at me to put my mask on in between peanuts,” Paul continued,
adding “I mean, for goodness’ sakes, I’m paying you money, treat me
like a customer. So I’m tired of it.”

“Then they hide behind this federal law, saying, ‘Oh the federal law
makes us do this,’” he emphasised, adding “Only because the airlines
begged the federal government for the federal law so they could hide
behind.”

“So let’s get rid of it. I’m gonna force a vote on it, we’ll see where
the Democrats are, but I think the people are like me, fed up and
tired of all these regulations and mandates,” Paul concluded.

Watch:

    "LET'S END IT": @RandPaul says he plans to force a vote on ending
the federal mask requirement for air travel.

    The Senator tells 'Spicer & Co.' he's "as mad as the Canadian
truckers are" about pandemic restrictions he seeks to put an end to.
@seanspicer @LyndsayMKeith pic.twitter.com/iKR0xf83h5
    — Newsmax (@newsmax) February 16, 2022

The Senator’s comments come as Fauci continues to push for masking to
be upheld, stating Thursday that it would be too”risky” to let people,
and even kids in schools take masks off.

    “There’s no reason for me to change now,” Fauci proclaimed
referring to his opinion on masks, adding “It is risky. It is risky.
You may get away with it very well, it’s possible you’ll get away with
it, but you do have a risk when you pull back if you have a certain
dynamic of infection that you’ll have a rebound.”

Watch:

    Despite science, Dr. Fauci claims “it is risky” to stop forcing
kids to wear facemasks

    "It’s understandable why people want to take masks off the kids.
But, right now, given the level of activity that we have, it is
risky.” pic.twitter.com/K3mLDna2UA
    — Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) February 17, 2022