Global Trucker Convoys - Freedom Is Happening

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 10:05:32 PST 2022

Ottawa Police Chief Resigns

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/sloly-ottawa-resigns-behaviour-leadership-1.6352295
https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/ottawa-police-chief-says-he-won-t-resign-as-trucker-protest-drags-on-1.5770960

Ottawa Police Chief Peter Sloly has resigned, according to the Toronto
Sun's Brian Lilley and confirmed by the CBC, which notes that "Sloly
has faced criticism for his handling of a truck convoy protest that
has caused major disruption to Ottawa's downtown core."

    BREAKING: Ottawa Police Chief Peter Sloly has resigned according
to a senior source close to the situation.
    — Brian Lilley (@brianlilley) February 15, 2022

Sloly will publicly announce his departure after the Ottawa Police
Services Board meeting today, according to the CBC.

As the Post Millennial notes, Last week, Sloly said that there was
"absolutely [no]" plans to resign as police chief, telling Newstalk
580 CFRA that he "came here to do a job."

"I came here to do a job and I’m going to get that job done all the
way through," he said, according to CTV News. "Absolutely committed,
have a great team here, great officers, we’ve got great partners in
the city. We’re going to get this done."