[notes][spam] pursuing dgit/gitopia

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 05:38:27 PST 2022

I went on the gitopia discord.

I'm having trouble cloning the gitopia:// uris in previous email.
The client is using the arweave library from npm. I've updated it to
latest version.
For some reason, this library is making requests of the form
https://arweave.net/tx/{id}/offset, which I believe is documented in
their gateway documentation, and its returning 404s. Meanwhile,
https://arweave.net/{id} is returning correct content.

It seems strange to hack the main library to make it work, so maybe
meaningful to pursue this issue in isolation. It could relate to
bundles: arweave seems to have some way of bundling many transactions
into a binary payload held by a single one. I'm thinking probably
something else, though. Dunno.