[ot][random][crazy][spam] Out of it, Video Game Design Project

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 03:05:13 PST 2022

Object oriented design is an old approach where code modules are grouped
into "objects" that represent their "concepts."

 Handling judgement failure, the reason this works becomes apparent:

Concepts of human language already have hierarchy: a pet is an animal
species is a biological organism and a friend. Each of these categories
have normal properties: things like having physical location, or feelings
we hold for them, or needing common things to survive.

When we associate our code with concepts we are familiar with, we produce a
situation where inheritance provides for reuse without having to think
about it. The categories into which the concept fit, already hold the
information of what kinds of things are likely to derive in a useful,
reusable way.