Crypto "pig butchering" scam

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at rushpost.com
Thu Feb 10 07:23:40 PST 2022

On 2/10/22 09:15, David Barrett wrote:
> In short, there are Chinese criminal organizations that have produced
> fake crypto exchanges, who reach out to men and women via dating apps as
> well as just randomly texting people or hitting them up on WhatsApp.
>
> I've seen it myself many times, some suspiciously attractive Chinese
> woman who just casually mentions that they also invest in crypto.
> They'll talk for a while without asking for anything or pushing
> anything, they'll present themselves as highly successful business
> people, maybe even send you gifts to show that they are real. They will
> research your town and make references to local landmarks and
> restaurants and such to make it seem as if they are there.
[...]

This explains why I see so many Chinese or otherwise Asian-looking women
on Facebook Dating, and why they are so quick to want to move the
conversation to WhatsApp. A few of them make sure to obscure their faces
in photos. Some of them even have profiles with male-sounding names and
don't answer when I ask how they ended up with that name (spoiler alert:
they probably took over another profile and just used it for dating
without thinking to check gender).

I've also had a Facebook friend request where she tried to make it seem
like she was from my area. But she never answered when I tried to
confirm the park in question was in a completely different part of town
than it actually was. Funny, that...

http://www.rantroulette.com
http://www.skqrecordquest.com