Global Trucker Convoys - Freedom Is Happening

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 03:05:42 PST 2022

Trucks look so pretty when they're parked and covered in snow...

"This Is A Nationwide Insurrection" - Ottawa Mayor Declares 'State Of
Emergency' Amid Trucker Convoy 'Occupation'

https://www.theepochtimes.com/ottawa-mayor-declares-state-of-emergency-due-to-convoy-protest_4260267.html

Protesters continued to gather and demonstrate against COVID-19
vaccine mandates and restrictions in Canada’s capital on Feb. 6,
marking the one week anniversary of the so-called "occupation."

    “We are on day eight of this occupation. Our city is under siege.
What we’re seeing is bigger than just a City of Ottawa problem. This
is a nationwide insurrection. This is madness. We need a concrete plan
to put an end to this,” said the chair of the board, Ottawa City
Council member Diane Deans, at the beginning of the nearly
two-hour-long virtual discussion.

Ottawa police chief Peter Sloly agreed with her portrayal of the
situation, saying that local law enforcement was “never intended to
deal with a city under siege,” and decried the lack of resources – and
legal authority – to disperse the protest.

At one point, Deans wondered whether the city had legal grounds to
declare an unlawful assembly and then a riot, in order to conduct mass
arrests, instead of pursuing “one criminal charge at a time.”

    “There are so many people out there engaged in a broader act of…
mayhem, that we need to be able to bring it all under control,” she
said.

    “We can’t allow this kind of terrorism in our community to
continue this way.”

Yes, in accordance with the narrative laid down from Trudeau's twitter
feed, the establishment is now calling protesting truckers -
terrorists!

And as a result of all that hysteria, The Epoch Times reports that
Ottawa Mayor Jim Watson has declared a state of emergency due to the
trucker protest that continues in the city’s downtown core.

In a brief statement, the city said the decision reflects the “serious
danger and threat to the safety and security of residents posed by the
ongoing demonstrations and highlights the need for support from other
jurisdictions and levels of government. ”

    “It also provides greater flexibility within the municipal
administration to enable the City of Ottawa to manage business
continuity for essential services for its residents and enables a more
flexible procurement process, which could help purchase equipment
required by frontline workers and first responders,” the city said in
its statement.

Protest organizers say their demonstration is peaceful... apart from
this terrible, awful, horrific, terroristic attack on a good, honest,
local citizen who was just trying to cross the road...

    I can’t believe the drivers are assaulting counterprotesters. This
is domestic terrorism. pic.twitter.com/fGiAfVNP3A
    — Ian Miles Cheong (@stillgray) February 6, 2022

The protest started as a demonstration by truckers against the federal
government’s requirement for cross-border truck drivers to be
vaccinated, but has since evolved into a large movement joined by
people from across Canada to oppose different COVID-19 mandates and
restrictions. Vehicle convoys came to Ottawa on Jan. 29, and many have
stayed in the city, with trucks and other vehicles parked by
Parliament Hill. Many protesters say they will remain until the
mandates are lifted.

Trucks are parked in downtown Ottawa as demonstrators continue to
protest COVID-19 mandates and restrictions on Feb. 2, 2022. (Jonathan
Ren/The Epoch Times)

Sounds of honking horns can be heard throughout the day in the
Parliament Hill area, which residents are complaining about.

Protest organizer Benjamin Dichter says people who are unhappy about
the honking should be contacting Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and ask
him to lift COVID-19 mandates.

    “To anybody who is annoyed, we apologize. Please call Justin
Trudeau, his office, and get these mandates lifted, and we’re out of
here,” Dichter said at a press conference in Ottawa on Feb. 6.

Trudeau has refused to meet with the protesters.

Tom Quiggin, who is helping the organizers with “protective
intelligence,” said many people across Canada have lost their jobs,
homes, and businesses as a result of COVID-19 mandates and
restrictions, and they have grievances too, which is why they are
protesting in the nation’s capital.

    “Let’s remember most of Ottawa is government, huge number of civil
servants here. They haven’t missed a paycheque. They’ve got pay
raises, some of them have got back pay, most of them are working from
home. Some of them who can’t work from home are just doing nothing and
still getting paid,” Quiggin said at the press conference.

    “So yes, it’s unfortunate that they feel bad about the horns, yes,
it’s unfortunate they feel bad about the disruption, but the rest of
the country is hurting.”

Daniel Bulford, a former RCMP officer who quit the force because of
its vaccine mandate and is now helping the protest organizers, said
his children don’t want to play hockey anymore because of the position
his family has taken on vaccine issues, as they feel “isolated and
alienated.”

“The people dealing with the honking, they’re not the only ones that
are dealing with the impact of all these mandates,” Bulford said at
the press conference.