USA 2020 Elections: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 23:59:45 PST 2022

Democrats Biden Electioneering...

Are Secret "Puppeteers" Still Directing American Public Policy

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/18203/are-secret-puppeteers-still-directing-american
https://elamerican.com/mike-podhorzer-architect-electoral-conspiracy/
https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2021/08/06/bidens_unprecedented_attack_on_the_constitution_146205.html
https://time.com/6140308/domestic-terrorism-justice-department-unit-joe-biden/
https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/492365-joe-biden-fails-to-understand-the-constitution-on-military-matters
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022/01/29/us/politics/dark-money-takeaways.html
https://www.dni.gov/files/ODNI/documents/assessments/ICA-declass-16MAR21.pdf

Over the years much has made about the lobbyists and advisors who
prowl the corridors of power in Washington D.C. Many seek publicity
profiles in the hope it will convince potential clients and countries
that they have high-level "access." Others cultivate their cable news
appearances as pundits and commentators, relishing the limelight.

Yet what we have come to learn over time that the greater the media
exposure, the less these individuals play a role in actually affecting
the nation's policies and politics.

Consider the role of Michael Podhorzer.

According to published reports, Mr. Podhorzer is a long time senior
advisor to the president of the AFL-CIO, one of the most powerful
labor federations in the nation.

There are some 57 unions under its umbrella and they represent some
12.5 million people. His fellow Democrats are reputed to call him a
"wizard" for his skill in leveraging technology on behalf of the
union's public policy agenda as well as their chosen candidates. Marry
that communication technology with a field force of millions of union
men and women and Mr. Podhorzer has a potent national weapon to wield
in determining who will implement America's foreign and domestic
policies and who might even be trying to undermine our Constitution
(here, here and here).

Until a recent Time magazine exposé, he was very much out of sight,
and deliberately so, as he provided strategic direction to the union.

According to the Time profile he was also a key member of a group that
applied enormous organizational and computing power to the task of
electing their preferred candidates.

Over time, it would become obvious that former President Donald J.
Trump was not their preferred candidate.

In our democracy, it is neither unusual nor inappropriate to create
campaigns on behalf of a favored political party, public policies or
individual candidates. Correctly, efforts have made to confront "dark
money," where large amounts of cash are put into campaigns by
individuals cloaked in deliberate anonymity. Dark Money, according to
The New York Times, "is notoriously hard to track. Dark money is
driving a privatization of politics, funding ads, voter turnout and
lawsuits — things once left to campaigns and parties. One entity on
the left, the Sixteen Thirty Fund, spent $410 million in 2020 — more
than the Democratic National Committee. " [Emphasis in the original]

In a digital era, however, when secretive online campaigns using mega
data driven by algorithms can potentially manipulate election
outcomes, the threat to our democracy comes from a new and far more
dangerous direction.

The Time expose' regarding the role of Mr. Podhorzer suggests a
calculated strategy to ensure that Joe Biden would win on Election
Day. Far removed from oversight, or the give and take of traditional
American democracy, the article speaks to his skillful ability to
apply massive computer power for the purpose of affecting voter
behavior. Working in coordination with others who shared his goal, the
Time report applies sunlight to his strategy, participants, and
objectives. It reveals a skilled professional working far from public
scrutiny. The current occupant of the White House underscores just how
effective he and his colleagues were in 2020. One can only imagine
their plans for the mid-terms.

Much has been written about the role of hostile nations seeking to
influence American public policy through the use of social media, and
masquerading as Americans questioning our values and national
direction. Without firing a shot or launching a missile, our enemies
seek to apply online digital strategies to unravel the fabric of our
democracy. Our response has been to aggressively "out" those efforts
and confront those who troll the American electorate.

Yet the Time profile is a stunning reminder that the far bigger threat
to our democratic future and our Constitution might lie within our own
borders.

As Shakespeare suggested in the play Julius Caesar, "The fault, dear
Brutus, is not in our stars, But in ourselves..."