Ex- Tor devs

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at rushpost.com
Thu Feb 3 21:20:57 PST 2022

On 2/3/22 23:09, lolwut wrote:
> Well, now, I thought that this was a crypto-*anarchist* mailing list
> that believed in freedom. Let me guess, you think that DDoS'ing
> should be illegal,

It is, for fairly obvious reasons.

> and also that the CFAA shouldn't be repealed?

The law as written may need some updating/fixing, but not a wholesale
repeal.

> That state of affairs which I previously described was the Internet I
> grew up with, and the one to which I wholeheartedly believe we should
> return.

There were a lot of things that happened back then that I'm in no hurry
to see return (among them, what seemed like a never-ending stream of
spamvertisements for penis enlargement pills and the like). Through most
of the 1990s it was basically "there's no law against that, because it
happened on the Internet". Not every law passed to fix a problem was
perfect, but they were all passed for definite reasons, some better
reasons than others, and some probably could benefit from a little
updating by now. Just because the laws as written aren't perfect doesn't
mean we should "format C: and start from scratch".

http://www.rantroulette.com
http://www.skqrecordquest.com