Ex- Tor devs

lolwut lolwut9001 at cock.li
Thu Feb 3 21:07:45 PST 2022

-----Original Message-----
From: cypherpunks [mailto:cypherpunks-bounces at lists.cpunks.org] On Behalf Of
Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0
Sent: Thursday, 03 February 2022 11:27 PM
To: cypherpunks at lists.cpunks.org
Subject: Re: Ex- Tor devs

>On Thu, 3 Feb 2022 23:06:10 -0500
>"lolwut" <lolwut9001 at cock.li> wrote:

>> Regarding the topic of DoS/DDoS attacks, did you know that they are
illegal
>> in the U.S., Punk?

>	I assumed they were, but now that you mention it, I just remembered
there used to be  services to 'stress test' websites that could be used to
do DoS attacks in practice? And you could pay with a credit card =P

If there are, I fully support their existence and use. It is an absurdity
that DDoS'ing is illegal in none other than the "land of freedom".

>> (I am aware that you live outside of this country, so I
>> wanted to verify.) I recall the days when imageboard communities used to
>> DDoS each other all the time, and there was a sort of a gentleman's
>> agreement that no side would run to law enforcement with their tails
behind
>> their legs, and snitch on the other fellow; instead, if somebody DDoS'd
your
>> site or server, you would DDoS theirs in retaliation. *That* is how men
>> handled things on the wild, free, and chaotic expanse that is cyberspace.
>>

>	hehehe =)

It's always fun to reminisce about the glory days!