Ex- Tor devs

lolwut lolwut9001 at cock.li
Thu Feb 3 19:16:07 PST 2022

-----Original Message-----
From: cypherpunks [mailto:cypherpunks-bounces at lists.cpunks.org] On Behalf Of Shawn K. Quinn
Sent: Thursday, 03 February 2022 10:05 PM
To: cypherpunks at lists.cpunks.org
Subject: Re: Ex- Tor devs

[snip]

>I believe in free speech.

That's excellent if true, but please act more like it.

>With the right to free speech comes
>responsibility. Flooding an email forum with off-topic posts is also
>censorship as it makes the on-topic posts much harder to find and be read.

>I know you would be demanding something be done if this list got 1000
>messages per day and 995 of them were "Enlarge your penis safely and
>effectively with these pills from this Nicaraguan pharmacy" or the like.
>It's really not that different in the case of tor-talk.

No, you're wrong here; I wouldn't care, for I can employ filtering or simply skip past the spam. Merely making certain posts harder to find and read is nowhere near the same as preventing the posts from even being sent in the first place. Do not censor the source, but instead let each recipient decide which messages he wishes to see on his end.

[snip]