[crazy][hobby][spam] Automated Reverse Engineering

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim & Survivor of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 08:52:36 PST 2022

regarding the idea for saving state, that could work here. basically you
take a fancy text generation model and finetune it to produce its own
embeddings by feeding it one token at a time instead of a document, each
time feeding back its generated state as embeddings. it then is possibly
bound by state size and complexity rather than input size and output size,
and can possibly generate sensical documents of arbitrary length. I have a
git repo somewhere where I implemented this last year or so.

also, I learned more about jax jit compilation working on the memory
efficient attention improvements. jax has an option to inline or not inline
subfunctions, so the issue is likely bisectable and removable by jit()ing
subparts of the jax compilation that fails on colab. theoretically they
aren't inlined by default (inlining would prevent the approach).