Komando: End-to-end encryption comes to Facebook Messenger - How to enable it

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 19:30:51 PST 2022

On 2/1/22, zeynepaydogan <zeynepaydogan at protonmail.com> wrote:
> Bullshit Facebook is starting to do end-to-end encryption? I wonder which
> idiot is using messenger?We don't care about this stupid app.
>
> jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> 1 Şubat 2022 Salı saat 10:14 tarihinde yazdı:
>
>> Komando: End-to-end encryption comes to Facebook Messenger - How to enable
>> it.
>> https://www.komando.com/security-privacy/end-to-end-encryption-facebook-messenger/824303/

If user has to use control panels running on some GovCorp
server to turn ON crypto, GovCorp can use the same panel
to turn OFF their crypto.

Not to mention all this crypto software is probably provided
in realtime download automagic easily backdoored or
crypto-downgraded updates from central, and has historically
been proven insecure, from a known shit company, isn't
completely opensource, etc.

Not to mention half the users running on closed source
apple platform which pledged to scan everything users
are doing and report them to central command, the
other half running on "opensource" android provided by
known spies as well.

Users would be quite insane to trust such things
without doing both tool and security model validation.

Any third party standalone distributed crypto messenger
could be better... tox, torchat, etc, etc
Same for any standalone crypto tool that rides over
some other protocol service XMPP, IRC, email, blockchain, etc.
See any list of privacy tools,
some of them now offer group txt voice video too.

Now Jack Dorsey talks lately about not wanting to own the protocols,
apps, code, networks, or even doing old central, but of providing enabling
and valueadd services around all the growing distributed things... but that's
a big leap for a known corporate censor and manipulator of free speech
to take.

Legacy people and companies can change, but must be examined.

Stay tuned to all things distributed and crypto.