[crazy][hobby][spam] Automated Reverse Engineering

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim & Survivor of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 10:57:12 PST 2022

- I skimmed bigbird's description a little. it's trained for sequence
lengths of 4096 tokens but it doesn't look like memory requirements would
rise too much if that were increased somehow. curious if you can finetune a
model with increased position embeddings, probably can.
- I glanced at realm which apparently trains something to select among
documents for helpful additional data. very brain-like.

realm took 80 tpus to train, but that's possibly because it was developing
understanding of human language and knowledge from scratch.  we have
existing pretrained models that can be finetuned to skip a lot of that.

- thinking a little about training a model to sustain useful state as it
moves through its data and tasks
- thinking a little about quickly training a document retriever by
calculating loss from multiple docs retrieved in parallel (it then might
either backpropagate to the mechanism used to select them, or can be
trained as a classifier from the results; i've tried this before briefly
once with success)

the "right" solution might likely be to separate:
- binary layout
- decompilation
- commenting
into three different tasks, with human design providing for the clear and
simple bits to reduce the complexity.