1984: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 20:43:40 PST 2022

Aussie Cops Ask Neighbors To Rat Out 'Anti-Government, Anti-Police, Or
COVID-Vaccine Conspiracy Theorists'

Australian police are using a brutal ambush on two cops to encourage
residents to rat out neighbors who are skeptical of the Covid-10
vaccine, or harbor anti-government views.

On December 12, two Brisbane police officers were gunned down by a
family of rural Australians, who opened fire as the two officers
approached their home. Constables Rachel McCrow, 29, and Matthew
Arnold, 26 died in the attack, while a third officer, Constable
Randall Kirk, was shot in the leg but managed to escape. A fourth
officer, Keely Brough, fled to safety in the bushes.

Later that evening, members of the rural family were killed in a
shootout with tactical police.

suggested that neighbors need to assume anyone who harbors
non-mainstream views is clearly a threat.

"As I said before, if there’s anybody out there that knows of someone
that might be showing concerning behavior around conspiracy theories,
anti-government, anti-police, conspiracy theories around COVID-19
vaccination as what we’re seeing with [shooting perpetrators] the
Train family, we’d want to know about it. We want to know about that.
And you can either contact the police directly or go through Crime
Stoppers," she said.

In response, Rebel News' Avi Yemini replied: "Queensland Police
appealing to the public to dob in their neighbours who “are
anti-government or believe Covid-19 vaccine conspiracy theories.”"

    🚨Queensland Police appealing to the public to dob in their
neighbours who “are anti-government or believe Covid-19 vaccine
conspiracy theories”.

    ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION YET?!

    pic.twitter.com/7Hcnoz54iX
    — Avi Yemini (@OzraeliAvi) December 26, 2022

This has not sat well with many:

    1984 in 2022. What kind of world do they want to live in. What
kind of world do they want to leave for future generations.
    — Nole (@skyxxngd) December 26, 2022

    We are allowed to oppose the government and police.
    — Alèquin the Great (@AlequinGreat) December 26, 2022

    Here is the neighbours pic.twitter.com/HLUsSgQHPO
    — Sydney965🧙‍♀️♏️🔮🌸 (@sydney9651) December 26, 2022

    Authoritarianism, and totalitarianism, at its finest…

    Bravo @ausgov, you’re making it less likely for any sort of
tourism to occur in Australia…

    There was a time that I, and many others , dreamt of visiting
Australia…@ausgov police, you are a disgrace.

    Happy Chanukah!
    — Reliable Brain 🇺🇸 (@ReliableBrain) December 26, 2022