War re Ukraine: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 01:30:02 PST 2022

> Putin Violated All when initiated crossing Ukraine border with mass
> Russian Air Land Sea armed forces to murder tens of thousands
> and destroy everything when no such mass violent aggression
> had occured across Russia's borders. Putin is a criminal.

Putin is a mass Invader, Murderer, Destroyer, and Criminal
against Humanity. Putin willfully freezes million of Civilians.
Fuck Putin, he will die soon.

80% Of Kiev Region Without Power Amid Rolling Emergency Blackouts

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2022/12/20/russia-ukraine-live-putin-orders-fsb-to-boost-surveillance

Ukraine is bracing for yet more Russian attacks on its energy
infrastructure, and has accused Moscow of intentionally unleashing
additional suffering on the population headed into Christmas.

"Repairs continue but the situation remains really difficult,"
Ukrainian Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal said in a briefing before other
government ministers.

"Russian terrorists will do everything to leave Ukrainians without
electricity for the New Year," he claimed.

"It is important for them for Christmas and the New Year to take place
in darkness in Ukraine," and then warned:

 "That's why we should prepare for new attacks."

Kyiv Governor Oleksiy Kuleba has described the power crisis as being
at its worst since the war began, with some 80% of the entire capital
region being without electricity for a second day in a row, after
drone strikes hit power stations Monday.
Capital plunged into near total darkness, via AFP.

"The situation with electricity supplies remains critical," Kuleba
said in a written announcement. "I want to stress that with every
shelling by the enemy, the complexity and duration of the repairs
increase."

Meanwhile Ukrainian officials have accused Russia of trying to "steal"
Christmas, on a day where drones continued to hit the national power
grid:

    Kyiv officials on Monday illuminated a Christmas tree in the city
center, refusing to let Russia "steal" the festive season from
Ukrainian children.

    The day, which started with swarms of attacks on critical
infrastructure in the Ukrainian capital, ended with the unveiling of
the 12-meter (40-feet) high artificial tree decorated with white peace
doves.

    A few dozen residents braved the sub-zero temperatures to admire
the tree located next to the Saint Sophia Cathedral and its emblematic
golden domes — and take selfies.

National energy operator Ukrenergo said it is fast working to restore
services but initially this will allow power to less than half the
population.

"Supplies to critical infrastructure are a priority. We expect that
today we will be able to turn on equipment to enable the security of
supplies to be increased, reduce the capacity deficit and connect more
consumers," it said Tuesday. There were reports that many
neighborhoods saw power restored later in the day and into night
hours, amid rolling emergency blackouts.

    Trudging home in icy conditions during #Kyiv #blackout.
Temperature -5 C, but heating still on at home. Water also unaffected.
Power out for 24 hours, most of time no Internet and very little news.
Listened to radio. pic.twitter.com/ENYrVhJq3l
    — Euan MacDonald (@Euan_MacDonald) December 20, 2022

Across the border, in Russia's Belgorod region, emergency crews are
also working to restore power after a rare Sunday cross-border attack
launched by the Ukrainian military left thousands in the dark. At the
same time, temperatures continue to plunge headed into the colder
winter months in both countries.