USA 2024 Elections Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 00:14:04 PST 2022

The list of Democrats so focused on gay sex that it
has corrupted them to the core and prevented them
from doing actual work is a long one,
now even US Republicans have one of their own too...

Incoming GOP House Rep Apparently Fabricated His Life Story

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/19/nyregion/george-santos-ny-republicans.html

Incoming Republican New York Congressman George Santos appears to have
presented voters and the public at large with a personal history
that's positively riddled with falsehoods, according to a damning
exposé from The New York Times.

For starters, Santos claimed that he earned degrees in economics and
finance from Baruch College and New York University. However, when the
Times inquired, neither school was able to locate any record of this
attendance.
New York Congressman-Elect George Santos won the first-ever
congressional election featuring a clash of openly gay men (Mary
Altaffer/AP via NBC News)

After securing his degrees, he supposedly became "an associate asset
manager" in Citigroup's real estate division, according to a biography
on his campaign website. A Citi spokeswoman not only told the Times
that Citi couldn't confirm he'd worked there, but that his claimed job
title wasn't familiar either -- and Citi sold its asset management
division in 2005.

His shiny campaign resumé also included a claimed stint at Goldman
Sachs. If you've picked up on the pattern, you've already guessed --
correctly -- that Goldman Sachs couldn't find any record of his
employment.

Santos said he was the founder and leader of "Friends of Pets United,"
a supposed tax-exempt organization. While the Times found some traces
of the organization on Facebook, the IRS found no indication it held
tax-exempt status, and neither New York nor New Jersey officials could
find records of such a registered charity.

It just keeps gets better: Friends of Pets United held a joint
$50-a-head fundraiser, but the event's beneficiary says she never
received a dime -- just excuses from Santos on why the money wasn't
coming through.

During the same period as the purported pet philanthropy, Santos was
the subject of an eviction suit, where was accused of owing $2,250 in
rent. Two years later -- in 2017 -- he was again the target of an
eviction claim, this time allegedly owing more than $10,000. Eviction
was ordered, and Santos was fined more than $12,000.
Santos (right) and his fiancé (Instagram via Star Observer)

In an apparent case of massive projection, in 2021 Santos claimed he
was a landlord suffering from the consequences of New York's eviction
moratorium. The Times couldn't find any records of his property
ownership.

    Will we landlords ever be able to take back possession of our
property? My family and I nearing a 1 year anniversary of not
receiving rent on 13 properties!!! The state is collecting their tax,
yet we get 0 help from the government. We worked hard to acquire these
assets...
    — George Santos (@Santos4Congress) February 9, 2021

Santos also reported having received a $750,000 salary and a million
to five million dollars in dividends over the last two years -- from
the "Devolder Organization," a mysterious entity with no public
website or LinkedIn presence. During the same time, he lent more than
$700,000 to his campaign.

Santos has portrayed Devolder as his "family's firm" that managed $80 million:

    "He described it as a capital introduction consulting company, a
type of boutique firm that serves as a liaison between investment
funds and deep-pocketed investors. But Mr. Santos’s disclosures did
not reveal any clients, an omission three election law experts said
could be problematic if such clients exist." -- New York Times

Probing his past in Brazil, the Times also unearthed criminal charges
against Santos -- and a confession -- over an incident in which "he
stole the checkbook of a man his mother was caring for."

The openly gay Santos claimed that his company "lost four employees"
in the June 2016 Pulse nightclub shooting. He didn't specify the
company, and the Times couldn't find any overlap between profiles of
the 49 dead and any of the companies Santos claimed to have worked
for. (Like many others, he implied the assault on the Orlando club was
an attack on the LGBT community -- reinforcing a persistent myth about
the shooter's target selection.)

The 34-year old Santos won his northern Long Island and Northeast
Queens district by 8 points, in a mild upset in an historic,
first-ever congressional tussle between two openly gay men.

In a statement tweeted by Santos on Monday afternoon, his lawyer said
it's “no surprise that Congressman-elect Santos has enemies at The New
York Times who are attempting to smear his good name with these
defamatory allegations.”

    pic.twitter.com/mn181XbqRR
    — George Santos (@Santos4Congress) December 19, 2022

Icing on the cake: The lawyer attributes to Churchill a quote he
apparently never said.

Santos faces more than just humiliation. If he's found to have
knowingly and willfully made material omissions or misrepresentations
on his House financial disclosures, he faces penalties of up to
$250,000 and five years in prison.

He could well face a House ethics investigation, but the timing of
that seems to make it likely that, barring his resignation, he'll be
sworn in in January.

Just hours after the Times notified him about their pending report,
looking like a man thrashing around for a lifeline, Santos posted a
resounding endorsement of Kevin McCarthy, who's in the midst of a
tumultuous drive to become Speaker of the House.

    We have the opportunity of a lifetime to deliver real results for
the American people. We MUST give the gavel to @kevinomccarthy to
ensure we stop the disastrous policies the Dems have pushed for the
last 2 years.

    I encourage my colleagues to join me! Our country depends on it.
    — George Santos (@Santos4Congress) December 19, 2022