USA 2024 Elections Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 21:10:57 PST 2022

Corrupt Democrats find nothing wrong in Trump's taxes,
fabricated the Russia hoax and both Impeachments
against him. Democrats are total lying frauds and
criminal election conspirators.
Democrats are so pissed they exposed themselves
just to find nothing that now they're passing laws to go
on witch hunts after anyone who they think has money.
Democrats are totally corrupt.

House Democrats released a report which includes the data from Trump's taxes.

You can read the report below as we are currently doing, however upon
first read - and the fact that it was quietly released on a Tuesday
night instead of via a Washington Post bombshell detailing specific
'evil things' Trump's done, we are going to - for now, assume this is
a giant nothingburger.

In a coordinated response to the release, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi
said there is an "urgent need for legislation to ensure the public can
trust in real accountability and transparency during the audit of a
sitting president’s tax returns – not only in the case of President
Trump, but for any president," adding "we will move swiftly to advance
Chairman Richard Neal’s legislation requiring the Internal Revenue
Service to conduct an annual audit of the President’s finances."

In their closing observations, Democrats suggested that the IRS did
not sufficiently audit Trump, and that high net worth individuals who
use lawyers and accounting firms should be subject to enhanced
actions.

Rep. Kevin Brady (R-TX), the top Republican on the Committee, warned
in a press conference, "Longstanding privacy protections for all
taxpayers have been compromised. Going forward, the majority chairman
in the House Ways and Means Committee and the Senate Finance Committee
will have nearly unlimited power to target or make public the tax
returns of private citizens—and not just private citizens: political
enemies, business and labor leaders or even the returns of Supreme
Court justices themselves."

    So what’s the legislative endgame?@RepRichardNeal’s W&M report
recommends codifying the audit program into law and requiring public
disclosure of presidential tax returns. pic.twitter.com/UB6Pgdtpsb
    — Sahil Kapur (@sahilkapur) December 21, 2022

After a Tuesday vote, Democrats on the House and Ways Committee have
voted to release six years of President Trump's tax returns, in what
Rep. Kevin Brady (R-TX), the top Republican on the Committee, called a
'new political weapon.'

"This meeting actually sets a terrible precedent that unleashes a
dangerous new political weapon that reaches far beyond the former
president," Brady told reporters on Tuesday. "I won’t speculate on
what the next Congress and this committee will focus on related to tax
returns, but I do know that a major focus will be on the IRS."

The committee voted along party lines, 24-16, to make public the returns

In 2017, MSNBC host Rachel Maddow released two pages of Trump's 2005
tax returns, which revealed that he paid $38 million that year, and
the rate he paid was higher than than Mitt Romney and several other
top earners.