Censorship: Twitter Takeover Totally Panics Political Regime of LeftLibDemSocMediaTechPol

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 17:40:40 PST 2022

Contents

    1 James A. Baker Fired at Twitter
    2 Article trending on Twitter following Musk’s comment
    3 What are the files?
    4 Requested move 6 December 2022
    5 Ongoing news
    6 BRD discussion of possible UNDUE content
    7 Link to investigating reporters page could be beneficial
    8 is it really "investigative journalism"
    9 Page Name: "Twitter Files"
    10 Semi-protected edit request on 7 December 2022
    11 Which "prominent conservative conspiracy theories"?
    12 Bizarre, misleading, and non-encylopeadic attribution style
    13 No mention that the laptop showed zero evidence of unethical or
illegal behavior. Must be fixed, import text from main article
summarizing laptop "controversy" immediately
    14 why remove the strong Reaction from the far-right Gab
    15 Leading Paragraph
    16 Un protect the article
    17 James Baker, former FBI General Counsel went to Twitter as
their General Counsel and and through those channels got Biden's
laptop banned from being posted
    18 Wikipedia is not Fox News
    19 Attempts to delete the page
    20 Trump's commentary
    21 Jim Baker legal controversy
    22 Twitter files
    23 Washington Post's reaction
    24 Wikipedia bots
    25 "I did indeed move it down"
    26 "no evidence... of any government involvement in the [Hunter
Biden] laptop story,"
    27 "in-depth New York Times investigation"
    28 Semi-protected edit request on 8 December 2022
    29 Weiss quote in lead

James A. Baker Fired at Twitter

I added a section on James A. Baker's firing as general counsel. It
was deleted by an anonymous editor. Here is what I added: James A.
Baker, deputy general counsel at Twitter, was fired by Elon Musk on
December 6, 2022, after his role in the Twitter suppression of the
Hunter Biden laptop story was discovered. source: Paul West. "Elon
Musk fires Twitter deputy general counsel Jim Baker amid Hunter Biden
laptop fallout." Fox Business News. December 6, 2022.

I presume citing Fox Business News was the reason, but there has been
no other source yet.Kmccook (talk) 23:10, 6 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

    It would appear that someone brought it back with a Bloomberg
reference that people aren't objecting to. While the particular Fox
story you linked didn't appear to be much more than fact reporting,
Fox News/Business is considered semi-unreliable on WP as a general
policy due to pretty erratic levels of objectivity. Not that there
aren't problematic sources on the left too. Just sayin' that's why.
Felice Enellen (talk) 00:19, 7 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

        I'd seen Musk report it, then went for a secondary source and
FBN was the only one at that time. Thank you.Kmccook (talk) 00:53, 7
December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Article trending on Twitter following Musk’s comment

As the creator of the article, I hereby use this space to say that the
discussion regarding it, which as filled my notifications for the past
48 hours, as reached Elon Musk and is now a trending topic on Twitter
following the comments of many verified accounts regarding the
possibility of the article being deleted.

I have been on this platform for seven years, having created articles
with regularity. With that said, I will respect the decision of the
admins but something has to be said — the arguments against its
creation have been vague, biased, and above all, have lacked class and
a polite discourse.

I am appalled by what the last 48 hours have been. The amount of hate
has been overwhelming. I will keep fighting for what I believe to be
accurate and unbiased, but it certainly is a challenge.

With the upmost honesty, Wikisempra. Wikisempra (talk) 20:03, 6
December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

I agree. Colliric (talk) 00:05, 7 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

(Personal attack removed) — Preceding unsigned comment added by
2001:8003:E438:ED00:FB90:F964:D5C:3DD0 (talk) 09:10, 7 December 2022
(UTC)[reply]

There are no words to describe what you just wrote. I don’t even live
in the U.S., I don’t even like Trump. Even if I did, that would give
you no write to speak like that. What a terrible society Wikisempra
(talk) 11:57, 7 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]
WP:NOTFORUM, WP:NPA
What are the files?

Are the Twitter Files used to refer to the leaked documents themselves
(such as "files" in Xinjiang Police Files), or do they refer simply to
Taibbi's tweets? My understanding is that it is the former, but we're
currently reflecting the latter in the lead of our article. —
Red-tailed hawk (nest) 20:38, 6 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

    I've changed the first sentence to have the files refer to the
documents — Red-tailed hawk (nest) 20:45, 6 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

        I think Twitter Files is just a shorthand way of saying 'all
the stuff Taibbi is revealing at this point'. Your change is an
improvement, IMO. Bonewah (talk) 20:50, 6 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

    DDOSecrets has a 3.6GB cache on their web site of the Hunter Biden
files, stating that they are mirroring the cache as published by
Garrett Ziegler. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 65.29.226.169
(talk) 07:32, 7 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Requested move 6 December 2022

    The following is a closed discussion of a requested move. Please
do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section
on the talk page. Editors desiring to contest the closing decision
should consider a move review after discussing it on the closer's talk
page. No further edits should be made to this discussion.

The result of the move request was: Moved speedily due to unanimaty.
This seems obvious (the page was only named "investigation" because I
had created redirects of "Twitter Files" and "The Twitter Files" to
Taibbi's page and the page creator didn't make the page over the
redirect). – Muboshgu (talk) 18:28, 7 December 2022 (UTC) – Muboshgu
(talk) 18:28, 7 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Twitter Files Investigation → Twitter Files – I think that more
sources are labeling this as "Twitter Files" than are labeling this as
"Twitter Files Investigation", and I think the WP:COMMONNAME should
probably prevail here. — Red-tailed hawk (nest) 21:50, 6 December 2022
(UTC)[reply]

    Agreed. Pyrrho the Skipper (talk) 21:51, 6 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]
    Support. This article isn't about a formal investigation. The
proposed title is also more concise. Rreagan007 (talk) 22:11, 6
December 2022 (UTC)[reply]
    Support. It's more like an overarching title for podcast series in
a way. Could expand to many topics. Nweil (talk) 23:16, 6 December
2022 (UTC)[reply]
    Support. A concise title is appreciated. Gensao (talk) 23:26, 6
December 2022 (UTC)[reply]
    Support: per others above. soibangla (talk) 00:15, 7 December 2022
(UTC)[reply]
    Support - no sort of "investigation" here. casualdejekyll 00:22, 7
December 2022 (UTC)[reply]
    Support The original title is more accurate, since it is an
investigation, but "Twitter Files" is how it is being referred to
almost universally, including in the press and by the people directly
involved with it. DanielDeibler (talk) 01:41, 7 December 2022
(UTC)[reply]
    Support This is more accurate and more widely used Slugiscool99
(talk) 03:22, 7 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]
    Support Precisely as per reasoning articulated by Rreagan007. And,
I might add, even if the U.S. House or Representatives conducts a
formal investigation, details of that would become a section under
this new title. Greg L (talk) 04:10, 7 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]
    Support WP:COMMONNAME. — al-Shimoni (talk) 04:53, 7 December 2022
(UTC)[reply]
    Support - I see no reason why Investigation should be applied, if
anything just put a redirect from Twitter Files Investigation to
Twitter Files Meganinja202 (talk) 04:58, 7 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]
    Support. "Twitter Files Investigation" is a misnomer; it wasn't an
investigation--it was a release of documents (from what I can tell,
given from Musk). SWinxy (talk) 07:44, 7 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]
    Support per WP:COMMONNAME. MarioGom (talk) 08:23, 7 December 2022
(UTC)[reply]
    Support There is no valid reason. Article must be titled as
"Twitter Files". Nkverma2022 (talk) 13:56, 7 December 2022
(UTC)[reply]
    Support - There isn't any formal investigation I am aware of and
almost everyone knows it as "Twitter Files" because it is published
with the title "THE TWITTER FILES" Mstf221 (talk) 10:33, 7 December
2022 (UTC)[reply]
    Support it is a more streamline
name.2603:8000:5000:E9D2:8D21:67FF:96C9:725F (talk) 11:34, 7 December
2022 (UTC)[reply]
    Support however this article is at AFD, and so shouldn't be moved
until the AFD is concluded, as that messes up the links in the AFD
discussion. Joseph2302 (talk) 11:52, 7 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

        That shouldn't be an issue since moving auto-creates
redirects. RoostTC(please ping me when replying) 13:48, 7 December
2022 (UTC)[reply]

    Support This article should not be on the AFD list. It's relevance
is immeasurable on many fronts. To delete it entirely would be
disastroust. Merging with Twitter Files article is supportable at the
moment. Sewnew (talk) 14:49, 7 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

        Sewnew: This discussion is not related to deletion. It's just
a proposal to rename the article from Twitter Files Investigation to
Twitter Files. MarioGom (talk) 15:21, 7 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

    Support as this is not a formal investigation, but a release of
files. --Metropolitan90 (talk) 15:48, 7 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

    • Mostly Support Maybe "Twitter Files Controversy" instead of
investigation? Fharryn (talk) 16:07, 7 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

    Comment Gonna need someone with page mover perms to perform a
WP:ROUNDROBIN. I was about to close this myself considering there's
roughly two dozen !votes and there's unanimous support, but the target
page Twitter Files already exists.  Vanilla  Wizard 💙 17:08, 7
December 2022 (UTC)[reply]
    Support moving to simply Twitter Files, per MOS. LilianaUwU (talk
/ contribs) 18:05, 7 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

The discussion above is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent
comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page. No further
edits should be made to this discussion.
Ongoing news

This article is an ongoing news event and be classified as such.
Colliric (talk) 00:18, 7 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

"should be" sorry my mistake. Colliric (talk) 00:19, 7 December 2022
(UTC)[reply]

     Already done here. MarioGom (talk) 18:11, 7 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

WP:NOTFORUM
BRD discussion of possible UNDUE content

Per WP:BRD, I have just removed the WP:BOLD edits that included this content:

"The tweets in question contained nude photos of Hunter Biden.[1] [2]
[3] Business Insider, Salon and CNN have speculated these were removed
in compliance with Twitter's own non-consenual nudity policy [2][1][3]
and California state law, which makes sharing such imagery illegal.[1]
"

Since none of the first installment of the Twitter Files, Taibbi's 30
or 40 tweets of 2 December 2022, discussed the nude photos, this seems
as if it is WP:UNDUE to have in the article at this time. Even if
other sources are turning it into a nude photo discussion, the actual
journalism by Taibbi was about Twitter content moderation policy of a
particular New York Post article. Please discuss, add perspectives, of
what other editors think. — N2e (talk) 00:39, 7 December 2022
(UTC)[reply]

    Agree that the content of the Hunter Laptop is not what the
article is about. Trying to discredit or diminish the article by
discussing hunter nudes is not worth of consideration. Deal with and
discuss the overarching censorship and collusion issues that are
affecting American politics and changing or influencing elections.
2601:282:8880:406:7859:9E12:D77E:A1C (talk) 03:18, 7 December 2022
(UTC)[reply]

    Tangalakis-Lippert, Katherine (Dec 3, 2022). "Elon Musk's 'Twitter
Files' drop revealed some of the tweets the Biden campaign asked the
social app to remove were nude photos of Hunter Biden spread without
his consent". Business Insider.
    Fung, Brian (Dec 4, 2022). "Released Twitter emails show how
employees debated how to handle 2020 New York Post Hunter Biden
story". CNN.
    Shah, Areeba (Dec 5, 2022). "Elon Musk's hyped "Twitter Files"
show Biden campaign asked to remove Hunter Biden nude photos". Salon.

N2e (talk) 00:39, 7 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

    It's right there in the articles, eg:
    "Taibbi shared a screenshot of five deleted tweets, four of which
had archives available online that depicted nude photos and videos of
the president's son. The contents of Hunter Biden's laptop had been
leaked after he allegedly left his device at a Delaware repair shop."
    Several WP:REPUTABLE news outlets reported on this. -Kieran (talk)
00:45, 7 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

        We can speculate over why Taibbi never explicitly mentioned
that the deleted tweets were nude photos, but that's what they were.
It also makes zero sense not to include actual reporting by reputable
sources about this. -Kieran (talk) 00:49, 7 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Link to investigating reporters page could be beneficial

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1598822959866683394?refresh=1670024869
Wpow (talk) 01:37, 7 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]
is it really "investigative journalism"
WP:NOTFORUM
Page Name: "Twitter Files"

Why is this the longer and clumsier "Twitter Files Investigation", a
name I'd never heard used until just now, instead of the shorter and
more commonly used "Twitter Files"? Mathmo Talk 11:28, 7 December 2022
(UTC)[reply]

    Good question, you can always {{requested move}}. Mako001 (C)  (T)
 🇺🇦 12:40, 7 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

        There is already a move discussion at Talk:Twitter Files
Investigation § Requested move 6 December 2022. MarioGom (talk) 13:39,
7 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

            There was 100% support for a move! Glad to see that.
Mathmo Talk 12:58, 8 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Semi-protected edit request on 7 December 2022
	This edit request to Twitter Files has been answered. Set the
|answered= or |ans= parameter to no to reactivate your request.

Provide full quotation (tweet) for Jack Dorsey's comment. Current
language ("urged") is editorializing. Different commas (talk) 19:41, 7
December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

     Not done: that's the exact characterization used by the reliable
source given. It's not editorializing if we have a non-opinionated
reliable source to back it up. theleekycauldron (talk • contribs)
(she/her) 21:12, 7 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Which "prominent conservative conspiracy theories"?

The article includes a few qualifiers to the effect of "contradicting
conservative conspiracy theories" without any relevant citations or
attributions. Which conspiracy theories were those? What did they
theorize? Who theorized them?

If the conspiracy theories were that the government was directly and
specifically involved in suppressing the "Hunter Biden Laptop" story
on Twitter *AND* that these Twitter Files would contain that evidence,
then yes, those conspiracy theories are contradicted.

But as written, these qualifying statements might imply that theories
of any government involvement in the suppression of the "Laptop" story
have been contradicted. They have not. First, those theories aren't
_contradicted_ by an absence supporting of evidence. Rather, they are
simply _unsupported_ by it. In short, "Absence of evidence is not
evidence of absence."

- It is otherwise known that the US government interacts, generally,
with social media companies about the spread and removal of
information.

- Federal law enforcement did approach social media companies in the
months preceding this _specific_ event with _general_ warnings about
foreign hacks and disinformation re: the election.

Both points would provide relevant and meaningful context re:
"government involvement" despite these Twitter Files not happening to
contain a smoking-gun "Dear Twitter, Suppress this story. Love, The
FBI" email.

At the very least, I would recommend rephrasing "contradicting...
conspiracy theories" with something to the effect of "offering no
direct evidence in support of... conspiracy theories" as its more
accurate and less politically charged.

Mmurrian (talk) 20:09, 7 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

    I've changed it, but it reads poorly now. I do feel we are bending
over backwards to accommodate conspiracists in a manner unbefitting to
an encylopedia. In other articles, we call a spade a spade, and call
conspiracy theories conspiracy theories (republican claims about
global warming being a hoax, dinosaurs being made up, earth being
flat, the lie that Trump "won" the election.) In my mind, it's
extremely improper that we are creating a false balance here. There
are policies that explicitly say we are not to create false balances
of this kind. Wikipedia is NOT meant to be balanced between conspiracy
theories and published evidence in reliable sources. I fear this
article has already veered into the territory of unwarranted promotion
of fringe theories. Sad. There-being (talk) 20:58, 7 December 2022
(UTC)[reply]

        And what is that fringe theory? That's all I am asking for.
        If there is a certain and specific "conspiracy theory" that
can be identified and has been contradicted by the "Twitter Files"
then, by all means, cite it and write it.
        But why is some vague "debunking the vast right-wing
conspiracy" quip any more appropriate for an encyclopedia entry? It's
political editorializing in itself.
        Maybe just leave it off in either form and let the facts speak
for themselves. Mmurrian (talk) 21:40, 7 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

            Sorry if it's not clear. I simply meant the theory that
Twitter suppressed this story at the Federal Government's behest
(specifically the FBI). This is mentioned in more detail in the body
of the article. I was attempting to be more brief in the lede. I think
it is important that this is clarified at the beginning of the
article, just as in an article on the false claim that the earth is
flat we mention that this is a discredited conspiracy, or that in an
article on "Pizzagate" we immediately write that the idea of lizard
sex people is false, and that we would immediately state in an article
on Trump's claims that the election was stolen that these claims have
been proven false. Why? Because we have policies that require that we
do not create a false balance by treating conspiracies and reliably
sourced claims on par. Anyway, I can try to make it clearer if you'd
like if the current sentence is too vague. There-being (talk) 22:18, 7
December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

                Fact: FBI warns social media companies about the
potential for attempted Russian interference in the elections, placing
them on "high alert".
                Fact: "50 former intelligence officials warn NY Post
story sounds like Russian disinformation".
                Fact: Against that back-drop, Twitter finds any reason
within their TOS to suppress the story.
                Narrative: Since we don't have an email "From: FBI,
To: Jack Dorsey, Subject: Censor the Laptop Story.", the right-wing
conspiracy has been thoroughly debunked.
                Touche' to the FBI for operating like an actual
clandestine organization and "50 former intelligence officials" for
playing their part. Mmurrian (talk) 22:37, 7 December 2022
(UTC)[reply]

                    You are engaging in original research. I am simply
transmitting what the reliable sources say. Your inference from "FBI
warns social media companies" to the "Twitter Files confirmed that the
FBI pressured Twitter to suppress photographs of Hunter Biden's
genitals" is an outrageous leap of logic. You also make a further
large logical leap in mentioning "former intelligence officials." Fact
of the matter is that the Twitter files did not show any evidence of
the purported conspiracy by the federal government (controlled at the
time by Donald Trump, so this conspiracy theory is not even internally
coherent) to pressure Twitter to suppress information. That's what the
reliable sources say, and that's what an encyclopedia that draws from
reliable sources should say. Speculations based on absence of evidence
as somehow indicating proof do not belong in an encyclopedia. I've
already compromised to an extraordinary degree (far more than I regard
as reasonable) based on your concerns so I'm rather astonished that
you could still have a problem at this point. There-being (talk)
22:52, 7 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]
                    But I do 100% agree that there is no supporting
evidence that the FBI sent any emails from @fbi.gov accounts to
@twitter.com accounts directing them to suppress the "Hunter Biden
Laptop Story".
                    When the net effect of their "general warning"
combined with that letter from "50 former intelligence officials"
already achieved the desired result, why would they do something so
obviously improper over unsecured email?
                    If anyone thought such emails would ever exist,
they were laughably naive. Definitely. Mmurrian (talk) 22:52, 7
December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

                            But then you agree with the reliable
sources conclusion (and Taibbi's) that the Twitter files do not
provide any evidence that the FBI pressured Twitter. You are simply
acting as if the absence of evidence is somehow confirmation. That is
the hallmark of conspiratorial thinking. In any case, it should go
without saying that we cannot publish anything on the basis of hunches
that the absence of evidence of FBI pressure is actually evidence of
FBI pressure. There-being (talk) 22:56, 7 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Extended "content"

The relevant portion of the body reads as follows: "Taibbi's reporting
undermined a key narrative promoted by Musk and Republicans that the
FBI pressured social media companies to suppress the Hunter Biden
laptop stories.[16] Taibbi tweeted, "there is no evidence - that I've
seen - of any government involvement in the laptop story."[16][6]
Donald Trump was president at the time in question and had appointed
the sitting FBI director."

It is absolutely necessary that a similar statement be in the lede,
preferably in the first paragraph-- just as we would in any article
whose topic is a prominent discredited conspiracy theory. There-being
(talk) 22:20, 7 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

                    Per this discussion, I've now revised the lede
sentence as follows, to better reflect the body content it summarizes
and address your concern: "Taibbi stated that the Twitter files showed
"no evidence... of any government involvement in the [Hunter Biden]
laptop story," thus failing to support prominent conservative
conspiracy theories that the FBI pressured social media companies to
suppress the Hunter Biden laptop stories."

There-being (talk) 22:31, 7 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

    This is not the conspiracy theory that Matt's quote is debunking
though. The conspiracy theory his quote is debunking is the theory
that some government actor was behind hacking or fabricating the
information released from Hunter's laptop. 216.164.226.167 (talk)
22:50, 7 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

        Can you provide a reliable source that backs up your reading?
Frankly, I find your proposed reading of the Taibbi quote not only
preposterous on its face but deliberately obtuse, and I've not seen a
single reliable source that reads it that way, directly contrary to
the plain meaning of the text. There-being (talk) 22:53, 7 December
2022 (UTC)[reply]

            The full quote from Matt backs it up. I fail to see why we
can't include the full Tweet from Matt here and let the reader decide.
As to your point about FBI not influencing social media companies, I
provide this article from the BBC. 216.164.226.167 (talk) 23:06, 7
December 2022 (UTC)[reply]
            You can't say "the full quote backs it up." You are
offering a highly counter-intuitive reading that contradicts how
Reliable sources have read the Taibbi quote. If you want to support
your reading, offer a reliable source that backs it up. Wikipedia
primarily works off of reliable sources. If you don't have that, you
don't have a basis for your edit. As for your source, I've no idea
what you're trying to prove with your source. It certainly doesn't
document that the FBI pressured Twitter to censor the scoop on what
Hunter Biden's genitals look like. Certainly it doesn't indicate
anything that contradicts the current article text that the Twitter
files failed to offer any evidence of government pressure to censor
the story. There-being (talk) 23:13, 7 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

Bizarre, misleading, and non-encylopeadic attribution style

Someone is repeatedly harming the article by introducing misleading
attributions. For example, we have our lead now saying "MSNBC host
criticized Taibbi for doing PR work for the world's richest man."
There are at least 30 sources you could find making nearly identical
criticisms. The same goes for the Forbes article, which is also
attributed by name. It is disgustingly and disturbingly misleading to
write this article as if these are lone wolves whose opinion must be
directly attributed in addition to referenced when these are merely
representative reliable sources standing in for many sources that
posit identical opinions. This is not how you write an encylopedia
article, deliberately obfuscating the consensus of reliable sources
and falsely implying the opinion of the vast majority of reliable
sources is held by a lone individual at MSBNC and Forbes. I am aghast
at the conspiracists taking over this article. There-being (talk)
00:49, 8 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

    I would strongly suggest you read talk page guidelines before
casting WP:ASPERSIONS at other editors for being "conspiracists taking
over this article" (in this case, me). I would also suggest you read
the source cited at the end of the sentence, which does not say he was
"broadly criticized" -- it mentions "critics" and cites that
particular criticism to one person from MSNBC. We write for
verifiability, not truth: we cannot write the sentence "Bob ate twenty
pierogies" and cite it to a The Pierogie Post article saying "Bob ate
ten pierogies", regardless of how many pierogies he ate. jp×g 02:47, 8
December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

        Please make the effort to understand a post before responding
to it with a stock message. What I said is that we shouldn't write
"MSNBC host criticized Taibbi for doing PR work for the world's
richest man" or "Forbes said there were no bombshells" as if these are
unusual lone wolf opinions when there are multiple sources given in
the article stating the exact same thing, as this misrepresents our
reliable sources. It is verifiable that these are not opinions held by
a lone individual at Forbes or MSNBC as the article falsely implies,
but representative of a broad swath of verifiable sources given in the
article. Hence, what we should write is "Critics said X" or just "X"
or something to that effect because that's what our reliable sources
show. Your comment has literally nothing to do with what I wrote. At
no point did I suggest adding unverifiable material to the article.
There-being (talk) 03:22, 8 December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

            If there is a "broad swath" of sources saying something,
it should be easy to find them and then cite them, yes? jp×g 03:39, 8
December 2022 (UTC)[reply]

                It is easy. They are already in the article, just look
at every single one of the references in the article. Nearly every
source cited states that there were few revelations or bombshells from
the twitter files.[1][2][3] As far as the PR work comment, the source
you mention itself says "critics" it does not state that this was the
comment of some lone commentator at MSNBC. That should be adequate,
but if you really want here's a list of 27 other criticisms of Taibbi
stating the "PR work for the richest man alive" bit. [4] — Preceding
unsigned comment added by There-being (talk • contribs) 03:46, 8
December 2022 (UTC)[reply]