[ot][spam][crazy] thoughts on planning mediative robots that work

Sat Dec 17 04:54:45 PST 2022

i wouldn't tihnk about this, since there are no mediationbots out
there, it's pretty important to just have anything

if instead one does think about this, it's notable that we have a
suddenly-more-widespread situation of people who have experienced cult
mind control that aggressively deters them from connecting with
others.

one can consider this simply a more complex situation of the human
condition, that a mediative influence would need to understand and
work through. this is the approach cult deprogrammers take.

unfortunately in my opinion that approach can stimulate increased
complexity of the mind control, making for a compute war that nvidia,
china, russia, and blockchains win.

alternatively, for small mediationbots, i might considering doing some
passivity, sidestepping, and archival.  by sidestepping here, i don't
mean sidestepping what the person is saying, which would not be
helpful in my opinion, i mean sidestepping the influences in some way.
these are approaches real humans often build experience with.

my theory is that the systems of mediating between, avoiding, and/or
influencing, the influences, actually have bounded complexity; since
they are run by human beings living on the same planet. humans only
want so much stuff.  i have some internal habits i use for engaging
that space that have gotten pretty confused.

it's important to make it clear to the influences that you are not
competing with them, something i've failed at myself. this can go
poorly in the face of the disreputing influences, but i cast these
influences as weak because they rely on lies and have goals that
depend on what is true. there would be similar spaces.

i have an idea around training e.g. a language model to engage such
things that avoids giving it clear data to do so with, since the data
is scant and confusing. maybe it would learn to accumulate information
on areas of placidity in the human systems, kind of.