[ot][crazy] reason for a mediation robot

Sat Dec 17 04:35:58 PST 2022

The reason for a mediation robot is that we have automated influencing
breaking up our communities, and an instinct to step in and resolve
conflict when this happens. That gets the mediators targeted. In very
oppressed situations, it also gives people a false hope, that can let
their guard down. Alternatively, people become paranoid and lose trust
in each other needlessly.

A robot that can both support mediation and itself mediate could
protect people under attack for simply trying to prevent their
community from falling apart. Of course it would be airgapped and
poweroffable etc to deter compromise, but for dissociated software
developers like me, it would just be nice to build workings for.

The approach is much more in line with business than novel algorithms.
It would simply be a generative language model chat bot tuned around
building communication and human capacity.