USA 2024 Elections Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 22:55:20 PST 2022

>> Democrats caused and furthered much damage...
> And at least one SocCom refuses to deny wanting
> to continue the destruction...
> Sanders Is Thinking About Making You 'Feel The Bern'

Democrat and Govt philosophy of ruin...
Create problem, apply broken fix, shovel yet more
permanent debt upon you to fix the fix to the problem
that you never should have put them in power over
you to create in the first place...

"Today, my administration is... fucking you over again... -- Biden"

$36 Billion Biden Bail-Out Rescues Pensions Of Truckers And Other Union Workers

President Joe Biden Thursday announced a $36 billion bail-out of
financially troubled pension plans covering some 350,000 union
members, including many truck drivers.

The funds are part of $80 billion for multi-employer pension funds
included in the American Rescue Plan, which was approved in 2021 to
help stave off the fiscal impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. Some of
those funds will be used to shore up the Teamsters' Central States
Pension Fund, which includes employees and retires in more than 1,000
companies.

    "... today, my administration is announcing that $36 billion of
that money was going to — going to prevent the drastic cuts to
workers’ hard-earned pension benefits — cuts that had been scheduled
to occur within the next few years," said Biden during a ceremony
Thursday. "That’s not going to happen. The cuts are not going to
occur."

Biden said union workers and retirees were facing cuts of up to 60% of
their benefits, starting in the next few years. That, said Biden,
means some folks would have lost as much as $10,000 each year of their
retirement.

"Instead," said Biden. "Thanks to today’s announcement, tens of
thousands of union retirees and workers in states like Ohio, Michigan,
Texas, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Missouri can go to bed tonight knowing
their pension they worked so damn hard for is going to be there for
them when they need it."

The announcement comes just days after some unions criticized the
self-proclaimed pro-union president for signing legislation that
imposed a contract settlement on the nation's freight railroad
workers.