Cryptocurrency: WarOnCash Proves To Billions That Privacy Crypto Must Be Adopted

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 22:20:58 PST 2022

By 1000 cuts GovBank all try, yet privacy-enabled cryptos will still
be adopted by the masses right in front of their fucking faces...

Now Crypto Transactions Above €1k In EU Can't Be Done Anonymously
https://bitcoinik.com/now-crypto-transactions-above-e1k-in-eu-cant-be-done-anonymously/

[–]Snowflake8050Bronze | 5 months old | QC: CC 25 591 points 14 hours ago

Monero says otherwise

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]AvanchnzelPlatinum | QC: XMR 56, LedgerWal. 43, CC 18 | CelsiusNet.
6 94 points 7 hours ago

Title should really be "is prohibited", not "can't be done".^^

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]buzzgunTin 6 points 5 hours ago

Thank you. You're right.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]JeffersonsHatPlatinum | QC: CC 504, ALGO 15 | r/WSB 421 98 points 8
hours ago

Laughs in monero

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]beepbeepdipPlatinum | QC: CC 95 9 points 3 hours ago

Laughs in [redacted]

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]amke12Bronze | 1 month old | QC: CC 23 35 points 12 hours ago

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (3 replies)

[–]KwOlffUtbILLTin | Superstonk 39 5 points 7 hours ago

calls on XMR

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Excellent_SucculentTin | 4 months old 3 points 3 hours ago

you are correct sir.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (34 replies)

[–]Steves1982Platinum | QC: CC 36 | CRO 8 723 points 14 hours ago

Bullish on €999 euro payments

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Tavionnf 186 points 14 hours ago

Price of my car: 10 x 999€

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]TheTrueBlueTJDeveloper 75 points 13 hours ago

Price of my next yacht: 90,000 x 999€

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]bny192677Platinum | QC: CC 395 46 points 13 hours ago

Now I know why apple chargers 999€ for the new iPhones

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

load more comments (2 replies)

load more comments (13 replies)

[–]lubimboPlatinum | QC: CC 28 129 points 10 hours ago

Just move 1000€ between two wallets on a chain you like with
neglectable fees. Flood their offices with an insane amount of
paperwork.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]dbennetTin 19 points 5 hours ago

I really don't think you could flood their offices with paperwork, I
think the records would just go into a spreadsheet...

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]geppelleBronze | NANO 8 44 points 8 hours ago

Perfect use case for Nano!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]beepbeepdipPlatinum | QC: CC 95 5 points 3 hours ago

Nano, algo, xlm. The 3 kings of crypto transfers.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]QuickLockCryptoBronze | QC: CC 22 17 points 10 hours ago

Underrated comment!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]TNGSystems 3 points 5 hours ago

This is malicious compliance and I love it.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Aleph112358Tin | 5 months old 3 points 4 hours ago

And anyway

Assume I moved all my BTC on a single address

If today I move all my BTC to another address (of the same wallet of
or of a different one, it shouldn’t matter), how can they know that I
have any sort of BTC now?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]jl2352Tin | r/Prog. 96 3 points 3 hours ago

Why is this gilded? Did you even read the article???

That would generate no paperwork at all, and the EU regulator wouldn’t care.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (8 replies)

[–]Aggravating_You_2904Tin | CRO 5 | UKPers.Fin. 45 53 points 12 hours ago

Structuring is actually a bigger crime than not reporting money.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]giddyup281Platinum | QC: CC 1135 | r/CMS 6 | Technology 12 36
points 12 hours ago

It's absurd that there's a huge amount of people that think "1k is the
limit, I'll just make 20x of 999 €".

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (16 replies)

load more comments (9 replies)

[–]already_nightVampire 24 points 14 hours ago

999.99. Gonna use that properly.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (3 replies)

[–]ShowMeDaWe 3 points 14 hours ago

Dinosaurs outplayed

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]DB_aBronze | QC: ALGO 21 3 points 14 hours ago

111 x 9

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (11 replies)

[–]CSdegreeandwaiteringBronze 526 points 14 hours ago

But what are they going to do when I use Monero to send 1001€ from
[REDACTED] to [REDACTED]?

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]_mars_Tin | Android 20 131 points 14 hours ago

Come to your house and [REDACTED] you with the broom /s

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Hawke64Platinum | QC: CC 199 8 points 13 hours ago

Don't threaten me with a good time

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]AnTyeVax 8 points 14 hours ago

Unlawful force, even purporting to be under the color of law, should
expect to be met with lethal force in self defense. DOD law of war
says a response is justified.

3d printed guns. ECM barrels

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (4 replies)

load more comments (6 replies)

[–]Every_Hunt_160Platinum | QC: CC 672 | r/SSB 10 43 points 14 hours ago

1001 euros? That's a mafia level gangster move!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Hawke64Platinum | QC: CC 199 14 points 13 hours ago

straight to jail

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (3 replies)

load more comments (2 replies)

[–]Odysseus_LannisterPlatinum | QC: CC 1491 51 points 14 hours ago

u/CSdegreeandwaitering has been redacted

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]TheTrueBlueTJDeveloper 17 points 13 hours ago

Both of your comments are invisible

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]sdrajeTin 15 points 13 hours ago

What comments?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]amke12Bronze | 1 month old | QC: CC 23 7 points 12 hours ago

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

continue this thread

load more comments (3 replies)

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]meeleen223Moons = Magic Internet Money Vol. 2 9 points 13 hours ago

This doesn't look like anything to me

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]AriesWintersPlatinum | QC: CC 103 3 points 12 hours ago

Quick get your boat out OP

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]ShowMeDaWe 18 points 13 hours ago

Politicians brain: Windows crash noises

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (2 replies)

[–]Suitable_Media5518Tin | 2 months old 23 points 13 hours ago

The only thing that can be done rn

Monero banned in EU

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (4 replies)

[–]geftBronze | Economics 35 11 points 12 hours ago

Don't expect anonymity if you use a CEX though.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]beepbeepdipPlatinum | QC: CC 95 26 points 13 hours ago

Ban Monero? The rich always find ways to fuck people lower in the system ya know

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]nicoznicoSilver | QC: CC 325, ETH 94, XLM 54 | ADA 87 | TraderSubs
50 28 points 12 hours ago

Ban? How?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]honestlyimeanreallyPlatinum | QC: XMR 772, CC 250, ETH 30 |
MiningSubs 50 68 points 11 hours ago

Same way they did file sharing

They ask you nicely and then if you don’t listen, nothing happens
because banning a distributed p2p network is impossible without
destroying the internet and therefore GDP

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]korben2600 15 points 9 hours ago

You wouldn't download a car!

Just like you wouldn't send $[REDACTED] from [REDACTED] to [REDACTED]!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

continue this thread

load more comments (1 reply)

load more comments (3 replies)

[–]nitrolimitzBronze 3 points 13 hours ago

I can't see your comment?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

load more comments (28 replies)

[–]Aromatic-Front-5919Tin[🍰] 1243 points 14 hours ago

Politician payments will still be anonymous.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]bundanagumbePlatinum | QC: CC 36 383 points 14 hours ago

Laws for thee, not for me

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Every_Hunt_160Platinum | QC: CC 672 | r/SSB 10 174 points 14 hours ago

They can have millions in donations that remain annonymous, but for
the common folk you can't even transfer 1k !

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]beepbeepdipPlatinum | QC: CC 95 51 points 13 hours ago

Hey even politicians are humans who don't want to pay taxes you know

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]meeleen223Moons = Magic Internet Money Vol. 2 26 points 12 hours ago

And they are lucky because there is no paying taxes on bribe

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

continue this thread

[–]bbtto22Platinum | QC: CC 552 9 points 11 hours ago

Yeah but they always make sure we do

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Every_Hunt_160Platinum | QC: CC 672 | r/SSB 10 5 points 11 hours ago

Unfortunately for the rest of us you have to be a millionaire first if
you want to avoid paying bribes..

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

continue this thread

[–]GabeSterPlatinum | QC: DOGE 2476, CC 909 | AvatarTrading 18 15
points 13 hours ago

Corporations are people to

/s

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]bbtto22Platinum | QC: CC 552 8 points 11 hours ago

Corrupt people have needs too /s

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]AriesWintersPlatinum | QC: CC 103 9 points 12 hours ago

It's disguised as a law that'll help the common people but honestly
that couldn't remain farther from the truth.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]SuppiluliumaKushTin | 6 months old 7 points 12 hours ago

When the general population is completely nutless they can do whatever
they want and you'll do as your told.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (3 replies)

[–]Set1Less 22 points 13 hours ago

EU politicians be like

    Laws for thee, lols for me

    Now cough up your privacy, its for your own good.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]meeleen223Moons = Magic Internet Money Vol. 2 16 points 13 hours ago

We need a new government to watch over our governments

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]squiders_ouiTin | 2 months old 10 points 12 hours ago

This is the best idea ever. Usually it's the courts which keep them in
check but they appear to approved the law in the first place.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

continue this thread

[–]OrchidCubeTin | 3 months old | CC critic 3 points 5 hours ago

they are supposed to be OUR public servants, WE ARE THE BOSS, but
people are too dumb and lazy and compliant to show them who's boss

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (2 replies)

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]bbtto22Platinum | QC: CC 552 12 points 13 hours ago

Always politicians above the law

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]meeleen223Moons = Magic Internet Money Vol. 2 10 points 13 hours ago

Politicians and the rich

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]belichkoTin 4 points 10 hours ago

We should become one of the above i guess

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]Odysseus_LannisterPlatinum | QC: CC 1491 21 points 14 hours ago

Laws for you, not for fools

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]meeleen223Moons = Magic Internet Money Vol. 2 23 points 13 hours ago

Laws for us, in €999 crypto transactions we trust

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]bny192677Platinum | QC: CC 395 32 points 13 hours ago

How to escape this law

monero

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]bbtto22Platinum | QC: CC 552 10 points 13 hours ago

Or living outside the Eu can work too

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

continue this thread

load more comments (6 replies)

[–]TheTrueBlueTJDeveloper 7 points 13 hours ago

Laws for tools, not for who rules.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (2 replies)

load more comments (2 replies)

[–]gamblingenhusiastLost lifesavings on shitcoin 3 points 14 hours ago

As per usual.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (6 replies)

[–]explisionPlatinum | QC: CC 193 | VET 9 | Stocks 20 80 points 13 hours ago

In Germany politicians don’t even need to hide that they are corrupt.
Our old health-minister had “donation dinners” where each person would
have to donate 9999€. This way they donations to him could stay
anonymous, because starting with 10.000€ you would have to report who
donated to you. This way no one can claim that they tried to influence
him.

When they got caught making deals with companies for purchasing masks,
they took 6 digits as “connection fee” when they got caught, the party
agreed to sign a “we are sorry” agreement that they won’t do it again.

But then these suckers want to know everything a peasant does

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]UpperVoltTin 14 points 10 hours ago

They want to know everything a peasant does because that way they can
keep you that way and make you dependent to their indirect/direct
control.

It is an ongoing fight of the classes since humans understood how to
control other humans in mass through currency and information.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]partymslPlatinum | QC: CC 702 | r/WSB 16 20 points 12 hours ago

the mask scandal is very big in germany. Basically politicians took
money to bring certain masks on the market and all of that in the
middle of a pandemic.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]explisionPlatinum | QC: CC 193 | VET 9 | Stocks 20 7 points 12 hours ago

Haha yeah. Imagine you would do that in a company.

Seller A: hey I offer you 1 million euros, if your company buys my products.

Employee B: sure

Police: lock em up boys. He is corrupt and not compliant at all!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (2 replies)

[–]saggy777Bronze | CC critic | Buttcoin 5 5 points 12 hours ago

In USA all of this is legal. There is no crime in any of this.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]explisionPlatinum | QC: CC 193 | VET 9 | Stocks 20 6 points 12 hours ago

Yeah here it’s also legal. Because lobbying isn’t corrupt :). Now
imagine if 100 of your friends would gift you 10k cash each. The irs
sure would love to know more about you

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (8 replies)

[–]ShowMeDaWe 124 points 14 hours ago

Laughs in Monero

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]gamblingenhusiastLost lifesavings on shitcoin 41 points 14 hours ago*

Bullish on boating accidents increasing!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]meeleen223Moons = Magic Internet Money Vol. 2 14 points 13 hours ago

I was gonna make €10k crypto transaction but then I got high in a
boating accident

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]ThrowAwayGuy1945Tin 9 points 11 hours ago

I'm pretty sure I was high the last time I made a 10k crypto transaction...

Not one of my better judgment calls, sigh.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (7 replies)

load more comments (31 replies)

[–]AlbinoniteBronze | 1 month old 17 points 14 hours ago

They call it lobby and they made it legal for themselves

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Every_Hunt_160Platinum | QC: CC 672 | r/SSB 10 7 points 11 hours ago

Why is lobbying even legal? Ah yes, because politicians themselves
love corrupt money.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]Moon_991Tin | 6 months old 11 points 13 hours ago

Lobbying is just pure corruption with extra steps

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]TheTrueBlueTJDeveloper 11 points 13 hours ago

Lobbying is corruption with a harmless name.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

load more comments (1 reply)

load more comments (2 replies)

[–]Odysseus_LannisterPlatinum | QC: CC 1491 12 points 14 hours ago

Lobbying is such an accepted evil it’s disgusting

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]meeleen223Moons = Magic Internet Money Vol. 2 9 points 13 hours ago

Lobbying Coruption

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (2 replies)

[–]samzi87Bronze | QC: CC 19 6 points 13 hours ago

It's time for the pitchforks and torches again it seems.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]gamblingenhusiastLost lifesavings on shitcoin 3 points 14 hours ago

Why would they put restrictions on themselves after all.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]One_Tie900Tin | GMEJungle 8 3 points 13 hours ago

funny thing millions of people just became politicians

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (18 replies)

[–]TommannerrTin 285 points 14 hours ago

What are you going to do goverment? Come to my home and take my ledger
24 word seed phrase?

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]BrooklynNeinNein_Platinum | QC: CC 663 | ADA 10 | Technology 22 182
points 14 hours ago

This is my thought. Laws that can't be followed up upon by the state
are inherently useless. That's a big reason why weed is being
legalized again in many places, nobody can follow up on so many people
growing some plants at home.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]bny192677Platinum | QC: CC 395 65 points 13 hours ago

Making laws to make people scared, smart people don't get scared they get monero

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]deathbyfish13Free Range Moon Farmer 18 points 12 hours ago

Smart people already had Monero from the start

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]amke12Bronze | 1 month old | QC: CC 23 6 points 12 hours ago

Me about to buy buncha hookers and cocaine for 10 x 999 eur

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]No_Specialist_1877Tin | Unpop.Opin. 18 6 points 11 hours ago

That has nothing to do with it besides large amounts cops have never
really cared about weed that much it's just a really easy way to
punish people based on looks.

It's easy to smell and lasts a long time in drug tests, that's really
been the only reason for about 15 years now. It's just getting more
noticeably accepted because the parents/grandparents that were against
it have been dying off so people are willing to say it out loud. Even
people in their 50s and 60s care what their parents think enough to
keep their opinion to themself.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Every_Hunt_160Platinum | QC: CC 672 | r/SSB 10 9 points 13 hours ago

The reason why weed wasn't followed up upon was because there wasn't
much sense in 'catching' or arresting everyone since there was not
much incentive to do so.

But if governments are coming out with CBDCs and see crypto as the
biggest threat, they technically can go all out to enforce their new
rule. It comes down to what the government sees as its livelihood.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (4 replies)

[–]_mars_Tin | Android 20 14 points 14 hours ago

This is just to scare the people that don’t know that much about
crypto and are considering buying in now since the market is low

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]gamblingenhusiastLost lifesavings on shitcoin 7 points 14 hours ago

Well if you insist...

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]trimalcusTin 16 points 14 hours ago

They cannot do s#it if we use DEX and p2p

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]nutyourselfTin 6 points 13 hours ago

Tornado cash would beg to differ

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]oi_MistaPlatinum | QC: BTC 21, XMR 22 6 points 12 hours ago

Tornado cash the protocol is working just fine, but using a
transparent ledger and mixing is pointless as chainalysis companies
can still trace.

Just use Monero.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (3 replies)

load more comments (2 replies)

[–]JamesBondMI6007Tin | CC critic 6 points 13 hours ago

And how do we on-ramp and off-ramp to those DEXs for swaps? And what
P2P services exist that are safe and reliable for swapping fiat for
crypto that don’t require in person transactions?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (2 replies)

load more comments (2 replies)

[–]Odysseus_LannisterPlatinum | QC: CC 1491 3 points 14 hours ago

government has entered your house

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Every_Hunt_160Platinum | QC: CC 672 | r/SSB 10 3 points 14 hours ago

Big Brother watching your comment: 'Interesting idea...'

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (19 replies)

[–]l33tTATin 69 points 13 hours ago

The politicians are involved with the FTX drama and now to protect the
citizens theyre gonna do this lmao also didnt the fed just failed
their third audit of a couple of trillion dollars they cant account
for?

Just like what got 9/11 started, ayo

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]timg430008171976Tin 11 points 12 hours ago

It was leaked that Sam met with the sec right before his deck of cards
came crumbling down !? Coincidence??? I think not !!!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]MakruchaLTTin 5 points 7 hours ago

Isint this Europe?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (2 replies)

load more comments (2 replies)

[–]classAunotherestTin | 1 month old 132 points 14 hours ago

These people are really trying to kill or control crypto. Why can't
try just fuck off

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Seasonunending-Tin | 6 months old 68 points 13 hours ago

Because they’d miss out on the opportunity to make money off of you.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]amke12Bronze | 1 month old | QC: CC 23 14 points 12 hours ago

And control you at the same time

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

load more comments (9 replies)

[–]CantBelieveIGotThisPlatinum | QC: BTC 57, CC 30 | TraderSubs 39 31
points 13 hours ago

They want us to use their CDBC’s

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]mixing_sawsTin | GMEJungle 17 | Superstonk 23 21 points 12 hours ago

That shit is straight out of some dystopian novel.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]lordofming-risesSilver | QC: CC 468 | CRO 70 | Superstonk 237 4
points 11 hours ago

I met financial advisor from barclays France. She didn't even knew
what CBDCs were and didn't believe it. Thinking cash printer is not
going to be replaced

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]xTopNotchTin 4 points 10 hours ago

Point her to some websites from the UN, BIS or even local banks are
starting to write blog articles about it with headlines such as “why
CDBC is a good thing”

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]lordofming-risesSilver | QC: CC 468 | CRO 70 | Superstonk 237 3
points 10 hours ago

also when I said dollar is going to crash then she replied : then it
will be replaced by what? Bitcoin? haha! :(

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

continue this thread

load more comments (2 replies)

[–]KhanstantTin | PCgaming 238 3 points 9 hours ago

I wish they would just kill off crypto. Why can't cryptocreeps fuck off.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]partymslPlatinum | QC: CC 702 | r/WSB 16 4 points 13 hours ago

Because they dont want to lose control, they are afraid…

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (10 replies)

[–]WunkoTin | r/CMS 18 | AvatarTrading 11 26 points 12 hours ago

Politicians sure do hate their populations having privacy. It’s all
starting to feel rather oppressive

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

load more comments (4 replies)

[–]gamblingenhusiastLost lifesavings on shitcoin 106 points 14 hours ago

cough cough Monero cough cough

This coughing seems pretty serious I should probably visit a doctor.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]AlbinoniteBronze | 1 month old 23 points 14 hours ago

But beware of accidents, specially boating accidents.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]gamblingenhusiastLost lifesavings on shitcoin 4 points 14 hours ago

Thanks for info I was just getting ready to go on a small boating trip
to catch some shrimps!

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]LeeSeahawkTin 3 points 9 hours ago

Why do people always say that thing about boat accidents. What does that mean

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (4 replies)

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]Odysseus_LannisterPlatinum | QC: CC 1491 3 points 14 hours ago

You can use some DEXtromethorphan

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (10 replies)

[–]TheMissingNTLDR 67 points 14 hours ago

€999 guys please calm down as it says "above 1k" so €1000 is still fine!!

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]ministerofdisinformTin | 3 months old 24 points 14 hours ago

It's a matter of >= or >

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]TheMissingNTLDR 9 points 14 hours ago

    "above 1k"

I believe requirement is clear otherwise it is a bug.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]beepbeepdipPlatinum | QC: CC 95 4 points 13 hours ago

Users: "hey it's supposed to be more than €1000 right? Why was it
flagged when I bought something worth €1000?"

Dev: "It's a feature"

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]CatBoy191114Platinum | QC: CC 344 8 points 14 hours ago

This guy maths.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (2 replies)

load more comments (5 replies)

[–]StonedRexPlatinum | QC: CC 181 77 points 14 hours ago

Bullish on Monero

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Def_Notta-throwawayHouse of the Rising Moon 9 points 11 hours ago

Indeed.

I have begun to appreciate Monero recently and it is only getting
sweeter by the day.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Every_Hunt_160Platinum | QC: CC 672 | r/SSB 10 15 points 13 hours ago

Honest question, what happens if regulators decide to ban Monero like
how they outlawed Tornado Cash?

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]ClatzSilver | QC: CC 19 | REQ 24 36 points 13 hours ago

I'm pretty sure that's comparing apples to oranges in a sense. Tornado
cash was a cryptocurrency platform designed to mix transactions,
making it harder to determine whether coins were "tainted" or not.
Monero is a cryptocurrency, not a platform.

You can shut down a service or a platform, but Monero isn't
necessarily either of those. You can even make Monero illegal, but you
can't stop peer-to-peer transactions in Monero from happening. As long
as someone has Monero, and someone else is willing to trade a good or
service for that Monero, Monero cannot be stopped (or traced, for that
matter). You could make a similar argument for Bitcoin (in that it
can't be shut down) but Bitcoin can be traced, and anyone watching can
see money moving in and out of your wallet. If fullblown
cryptocurrency bans were to happen, your Bitcoin address would end up
providing the evidence against you. Not so with Monero.

Ultimately the most pragmatic question becomes "what happens if Monero
gets banned from exchanges, so people can't cash out?" All answers for
that are speculative. Some thing it would cause the value of Monero to
explode, because there's no way in or out of it. Those who have got
it, have it, and those who want it need to be willing to pay the
price. Others say the value would collapse, as any hope for mainstream
adoption would die. Personally, I imagine it would just become a
parallel economy. Those who have it and are willing to transact with
it will, and the value of Monero will be determined by those within
that economic system.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]cryptOwOcurrencySilver | QC: ETH 309, CC 227, SOL 91 | ADA 267 |
Technology 21 5 points 8 hours ago

    You can shut down a service or a platform, but Monero isn't
necessarily either of those.

Tornado Cash isn't, either. It's a smart contract. It can't be shut down.

    You can even make Monero illegal, but you can't stop peer-to-peer
transactions in Monero from happening.

You can't prevent Tornado Cash transactions from happening, either.

    Ultimately the most pragmatic question becomes "what happens if
Monero gets banned from exchanges, so people can't cash out?"

This is what happened to Tornado Cash, I believe. They certainly
didn't shut it down.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (5 replies)

[–]TsrdrumBronze | EOS 41 | Futurology 17 7 points 13 hours ago

Same thing that happens every time China bans Bitcoin

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (2 replies)

[–]stopmutations1 - 2 years account age. 100 - 200 comment karma. 11
points 13 hours ago

They will have another one up and running under a different name in a
couple of weeks.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]exmachinalibertasPlatinum | QC: BCH 18, CC 17 | Politics 26 3
points 11 hours ago

Literally nothing happens

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]honestlyimeanreallyPlatinum | QC: XMR 772, CC 250, ETH 30 |
MiningSubs 50 5 points 11 hours ago

Tornado cash was a mixer with centralized, known devs.

Monero is not.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (6 replies)

load more comments (14 replies)

[–]IWillKillPutin2022Tin | 5 months old | CelsiusNet. 51 16 points 12 hours ago

This is the exact reason Monero is needed

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]boldtonicTin | r/WSB 13 19 points 11 hours ago

They do not understand that all of this is turning an entire
generation into anti govt. People hate govt and something will happen
anytime. Their need of full control is alarming.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]cryptometavTin 34 points 12 hours ago

What are they going to do, block payments between hardware wallets?
Good fucking luck!

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Jesper_oneTin 8 points 11 hours ago

Same question from me, how do You control p2p??

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]imnosPlatinum | QC: XLM 291, CC 202, BTC 15 | ADA 11 | Futurology
61 4 points 7 hours ago

Not easily. If you could, torrents and torrent clients wouldn't still exist.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (3 replies)

load more comments (3 replies)

[–]TopAlert2383Platinum | QC: CC 55 | AvatarTrading 10 86 points 14 hours ago*

The US did this with the $600 payments last year. We are allowing the
government to have too much power.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Seasonunending-Tin | 6 months old 56 points 13 hours ago

No one seems to notice or care.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]yoyoJSilver | QC: BTC 50, CC 49 | ADA 48 | Economy 249 31 points 13
hours ago

People in the US gonna notice come tax season and gonna be pissed lol

But ya nobody will do anything. For all the talk in the US about the
right to bear arms for protection from government overreach, the US
population is quite docile and domesticated. You don’t see any
protests in the US matching the bravery like you see in authoritarian
countries right now. People are well groomed to shut up and get back
to work or lose their healthcare.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Seasonunending-Tin | 6 months old 19 points 13 hours ago

Yea, exactly what you said, and Canada is 10x worse than that when it
comes to docile people.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]partymslPlatinum | QC: CC 702 | r/WSB 16 14 points 13 hours ago

Yes because the mainstream media wont talk bad about their government.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Seasonunending-Tin | 6 months old 11 points 12 hours ago

Yea, they won’t bite the hand that feeds them.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (8 replies)

[–]walkthesunTin 5 points 12 hours ago

It’s only for income, not all transactions above $600. All the
headlines are about Venmo but it specifically applies to income earned
from working side jobs, sales, etc

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]timg430008171976Tin 4 points 12 hours ago

Yea but how would the gov know if joe blow next door just lent you
money or you did work that he paid you ? Answer simple they don’t

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]movzxBronze | QC: CC 21 | Politics 74 5 points 8 hours ago

People really don't understand US taxes.

The $600 thing was no change in your tax burden. All that changed is
payment providers that were already sending 1099s now have a lower
threshold.

If you weren't dealing with taxes before and shouldn't have, you won't
now. If you weren't filing taxes before, but were supposed to, now you
will.

Your neighbor loaning you $600 isn't income. Your roommate giving you
rent money isn't income.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Think-notlikedasheepRational Thinker 4 points 5 hours ago*

    If you weren't dealing with taxes before and shouldn't have, you won't now.

So if someone issues you a 1099 for something that you didn't really
earn income for, the IRS KNOWS about you getting the money and it is
assumed to be income by the IRS. If you don't report it correctly, you
will be dinged by the IRS.

    Your neighbor loaning you $600 isn't income. Your roommate giving
you rent money isn't income.

This is true. But not how it plays out on your taxes.

Your friend pays his part of the rent and it is over $600 - by paypal.
Say the amount is $700. Paypal issues you a 1099 for that $700
payment. You gotta report that. You WILL have to file a schedule C and
list $700 in income and $700 in expenses (rent). Net effect is zero on
your taxes but YOU WILL have to file that schedule C.

If you don't file or include this in your taxes, you WILL get a letter
with a bill from the IRS. They have software that automatically runs
through your return and issues bills.

Then you have to pay and then file an amended return to get back that
money. On that amended return: You WILL have to file a schedule C and
list $700 in income and $700 in expenses (rent).

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

load more comments (1 reply)

load more comments (2 replies)

[–]MoikeePlatinum | QC: CC 29, ETH 18 | Technology 20 31 points 14 hours ago

Said this a while ago, but won’t there just be services that randomise
payments under this limit until the sum is reached, thus easily
avoiding this stupid rule? 1000€ is such a low amount, how on Earth
are they going to have resources to ‘scrutinise’ them?

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]putfascists6ftunderTin | 2 months old 5 points 10 hours ago

Structuring is way more dangerous for you and carries actual
consequences criminally

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]Elean0rZSilver | QC: CC 626 | NEO 721 30 points 8 hours ago

I hate to interrupt a perfectly nice Monero party here, but THIS LAW
HAS NOT BEEN PASSED. It hasn't even been debated. It's a PROPOSAL from
the anti-AML Council. It's basically the Council saying, yes, we have
agreed amongst ourselves that this is what we think we should do--but
that's totally separate from actually writing it into a law that's
accepted and passed by parliament, which is a lot more complicated.
Maybe it'll happen; maybe it won't. Maybe it'll be amended; maybe it
won't. Either way, IT HASN'T HAPPENED YET so it's pure clickbait to
speak about it as if it has.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Extreme-Stop-9333 4 points 7 hours ago

We've all fallen for it.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (5 replies)

[–]not420guilty$WHACKD 23 points 14 hours ago*

They can if you use Monero. Fuck unjust laws. Civil disobedience is a duty.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]TarkovReddit0rday trading degenerate 37 points 14 hours ago

opens 50x €999 trades

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]SnarkyZKPlatinum | QC: CC 20 | NANO 14 | Investing 30 18 points 12 hours ago

That is called structuring and will get you in much more legal trouble.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (3 replies)

[–]Lillica_Golden_SHIBBronze | BANANO 5 | TraderSubs 13 12 points 14 hours ago

You still have €0.99 before the threshold, make sure you use that

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (3 replies)

load more comments (5 replies)

[–]Kulstad33Platinum | QC: XMR 16 44 points 14 hours ago

EU surveillance bureacratic nightmare intensifies.

I'm sure they will manipulate and say that it is to prevent financing
to terrorism or other blatant lie.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]magnetichiraWe are Satoshi 24 points 13 hours ago

    Terrorists and those who finance them are not welcome in Europe.
In order to launder dirty money, criminal individuals and
organisations had to look for loopholes in our existing rules which
are already quite strict. But our intention is to close these
loopholes further, and to apply even stricter rules in all EU member
states. Large cash payments beyond €10.000 will become impossible.

The first line of their press release

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]red224Platinum | QC: CC 97 | ADA 8 | TraderSubs 14 25 points 14 hours ago

When hyperinflation comes, they won’t want us using anything but their
currencies

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]mixing_sawsTin | GMEJungle 17 | Superstonk 23 3 points 12 hours ago

Hyperinflation is definitly slowly creeping up

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (2 replies)

[–]IWillKillPutin2022Tin | 5 months old | CelsiusNet. 51 7 points 12 hours ago

laughs in Monero

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]coinfeeds-botApproved CC Bot 15 points 14 hours ago

tldr; The European Union (EU) has announced that new laws will
restrict crypto purchases worth above €10,000 and also there will be
significant regulatory restrictions on digital assets transactions
above €1,000. Czech Minister for Finance Zbyněk Stanjura said such new
rules will help to fight against money laundering activities easily,
where bad actors are using cryptocurrencies as a means of an anonymous
payment option.

This summary is auto generated by a bot and not meant to replace
reading the original article. As always, DYOR.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]robotsdevPlatinum | QC: BTC 62 12 points 10 hours ago

The money launderers are the bankers.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (2 replies)

[–]newbonsite$moons to $1 any day now /: 12 points 14 hours ago

Cypherpunk coins for the win especially the OG monero 💪

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Crypto_VdimTin 6 points 9 hours ago

very easily fooled. You Use a dex and a wallet instead of CEX. Use a
bitcoin atm where kyc not required to on ramp. Do $999 transactions as
many times as you want.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

load more comments (2 replies)

[–]H__DresdenSilver | QC: CC 48 | Buttcoin 63 | JusticeServed 66 11
points 12 hours ago

That is why I like cash. Can make transactions without tracking.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

load more comments (8 replies)

[–]WimbleWimbleTin | Futurology 51 14 points 12 hours ago

lets see if we get laws explaining how every single unelected member
of the EU parliament has 10s of millions in "unexplained wealth".

oh wait..that investigation was shut down for "security" reasons

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]cOmMuNiTyStAnDaRdSs 6 points 12 hours ago

M O N E R O

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]TheChildOfChangeBronze 9 points 14 hours ago

My broke ass is safe

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Def_Notta-throwawayHouse of the Rising Moon 6 points 11 hours ago

Well one day when you aren’t a broke ass, I hope you can do your
transactions privately.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

load more comments (2 replies)

[–]MisterBilauPlatinum | QC: CC 33 | Entrepreneur 39 10 points 14 hours ago

What does that even mean. Can I create a wallet without providing ID?
Yes. Case closed lmao.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]muckibudenbrudiTin | Unpop.Opin. 10 4 points 11 hours ago

They can only regulate the CEXs so swapping crypto to fiat or vice
versa is regulated, as well as crypto transactions to/from an
exchange.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]cuckedbybtcBronze | QC: BUTT 3 3 points 7 hours ago

But CEXs are still a big part of things. Without CEXs you can't have
much retail adoption.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]ChemicalGreek 20 points 14 hours ago

Are they afraid?🤡

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

load more comments (8 replies)

[–]ShroomikazeTin 18 points 14 hours ago

Smiles in monero

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

load more comments (2 replies)

[–]HungryLikeTheWolf99Bronze | QC: BTC 17 | ModeratePolitics 75 4
points 14 hours ago

    Can't

Hmmm

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]Cy83rCr45hBronze 3 points 12 hours ago

They can be done on Monero

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]cuckedbybtcBronze | QC: BUTT 3 4 points 7 hours ago

So what are the leading Swiss exchanges like?

What defines a crypto transaction as being "in the EU" anyway?

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]hukepTin | ADA 5 13 points 13 hours ago

There are millions more urgent issues in EU and the politicians are
prioritizing crypto transactions.. What a mad world it is.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Technical_Order7673Tin | 2 months old | CC critic 21 points 14 hours ago

Governments are using force now first Nigerian Govt's forcing citizens
to use CBDCs and now EU forcing this.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]ShowMeDaWe 11 points 14 hours ago*

Feels like a CBDC is coming

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

[–]Every_Hunt_160Platinum | QC: CC 672 | r/SSB 10 3 points 13 hours ago*

They are going to impose all these restrictions on crypto and none on
their CBDCs, basically selling how 'easy' and 'great' their CBDC is
compared to crypto to ignorant citizens

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

load more comments (2 replies)

load more comments (8 replies)

[–]DB_aBronze | QC: ALGO 21 8 points 14 hours ago

Rich will be richer, pool will be poorer

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]business2690Crypto Nerd | QC: CC 17 8 points 14 hours ago

thanks sbf

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Born_Cattle6575 3 points 12 hours ago

And if they get their way here in the USA any transaction over 600
with red flag you. It's a global effort the take away your rights.
Bitcoin fixes this.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]countjahTin 3 points 12 hours ago

Seeing this while watching Digital IDs by Coin bureau on YouTube. They
are sure trying to f us over

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]JunnowhoitisPlatinum | QC: SOL 36, CC 22 | r/WSB 17 3 points 12 hours ago

Lol they think they have the power to enforce that. They don't.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]LoftyGoatTin 3 points 10 hours ago

Yes they can. That's the whole point of having a decentralized ledger.

It may not be legal, but it sure as hell is possible.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]marsangeloLUNA crash detective 8 points 14 hours ago

Eventually theyre gonna try and inch this number down to 0 and get you
to KYC every transaction

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Plus-Ad4019Platinum | QC: SOL 26, ALGO 23, CC 21 6 points 14 hours ago

Good luck with that.

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (2 replies)

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]InflatableGull 5 points 13 hours ago

To all the Monero Fanboys out there. Can you please just explain how
do you plan to buy/convert tokens to cash should you need them?
Because I’m afraid the problem here are exchanges. They are a forced
bottlenecks except for very unfriendly systems such as bisq etc.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]phremesthrisTin | 1 month old | CC critic 6 points 14 hours ago

i'm going to send €999

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

load more comments (12 replies)

[–]Slainte042Platinum | QC: CC 530 7 points 14 hours ago

This is EU bureaucracy on another level.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

[–]Probably_notabotTin | CC critic 8 points 13 hours ago

Anything for more control over you it seems

    embed
    save
    parent
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]LibertosTin | BTC critic 4 points 14 hours ago

Make sure to tell the Darkweb guys using Monero to also follow this immoral law.

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

load more comments (1 reply)

[–]clean_cut89Tin 5 points 13 hours ago

Typical EU bullshit

    embed
    save
    report
    reply

load more comments (2 replies)

[–]AotrxPlatinum | QC: SOL 56, XMR 27 4 points 12 hours ago

https://www.getmonero.org/

    embed
    save
    report