Cryptocurrency: CBDC Digital Fiat WARNING BELLS GOING OFF

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 00:00:11 PST 2022

It was in the papers (including the Financial Times i think) that they
could be programmed to only allow certain purchases. Those that the
state deems "good for you". So given the current state of what
activists are trying to get the government to interfere with in
people's lives, that could be a limit on fuel allowance per week (good
luck if you commute a long way), limits on red meat so you can top
your protein up with bugs instead, limits on cigarettes (not a bad
thing in my mind, but who am I to decide how people live, which is the
whole point of the argument against state interference in our lives)
to name a few.

Granted, some of this could probably be controlled with the tech
that's used now for our currency (which is essentially digital), but
currently choices of what we can buy are decided by our banks, that
have little interest in what we purchase, as long as we have something
in there, or pay our fees. If it becomes Central Bank owned, then
they're making the decisions for everyone. It's absolutely not
trustless - do you trust the central banks, given the state of the
economy and their reactions to it over the last year? Also, having
different banks decide what you can or can't do with your money is
much better - with CBDC you can't drop your bank that spouts woke
nonsense you might not agree with and select another one. Competition
means options. With CBDCs you'd have to agree with whatever the sole
source of funding decides is good for you and your family.

Also, it's a lot easier to create these systems of extreme control
when they're built from scratch. Hence they want new CBDCs to replace
the current digital money system. If they could build this much
control into the current system they wouldn't need to announce CBDCs
as a new thing or try so hard to get people on board with it. They
could just do it behind the scenes.