[ot][spam][crazy][rude] ramblings and bemoanings

Wed Dec 7 18:12:00 PST 2022

Being Daffodil Roots in an Iceberg.

I don't know much what it's like to be a normal daffodil, where you
get fancy digs like moist soil to pull nutrients out of.

But us ice daffodils, we know _all_ about finding the solutes dissolved in ice.

Did you know that if you press ice hard enough with your roots, very
slowly, a little bit of salt can come out?

Now, salt of course is very deadly and quickly kills you and all, but
some of those ions are just what you're looking for!

Sometimes I think about guiding this iceberg toward some weather
scientists and seeing if they'll build me a robot to help me survive.