[ot][spam][crazy][rude] ramblings and bemoanings

Wed Dec 7 18:06:52 PST 2022

A lone daffodil grows out of an iceberg.

This giant iceberg is no match for this daffodil, which sinks its
roots deep into the surface of the ice.

Daffodil: "I am sturdy and strong!"

Iceberg: "I don't know how to worry about whether you are frozen and
how you are staying alive because I am just a huge block of ice."

The daffodil stretched its roots and began very slightly cracking the
ice at the surface of the iceberg. As it grew, it began to go to seed,
and scattered seeds from its pod across the surface of the iceberg.
Then it withered.

Come next season, this daffodil sprouted again out of the iceberg,
among others! It opened its flower and looked at the cold sky. Its
roots began to know the iceberg well.