FreeSpeech and Censorship: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 22:40:20 PST 2022

'I Wanted to Punch Kanye' — Free Speech Waffler Elon Musk’s Nonsensical Take
                       on Bitcoin, CBDCs, and Censorship

by [25]Graham Smith
Dec 5, 2022

   “Vox Populi, Vox Dei, man.” So says self-proclaimed Chief Twit Elon
   Musk from a private jet flying high above the world during a Twitter
   Spaces appearance on Sunday, Dec. 4 (JST). It does sound nice to say, but
   the voice of the mob should never be the voice of "God." The reasons are
   myriad. Suffice it to say that in the same way failed crypto-exchange CEO
   Sam Bankman-Fried supposedly set off Musk’s BS detector, so should Musk
   be setting off our own alarm bells. His actions simply don't match his
   nice-sounding words, and anyone who refuses to understand free speech is
   also going to miss the boat on crypto and economic freedom.

God Save the `Technoking,' the People Are Disposable

   Tesla CEO and self-proclaimed "free speech absolutist" Elon Musk recently
   ended a [26]massively-tuned-into Dec. 4 Twitter Space hosted by Mario
   Nawfal, by noting that we live in a time which, different from times past,
   doesn’t involve “some king or whatever [that would] just by default
   suppress” free speech. This is interesting, given this seems to be
   exactly the role self-labeled "Technoking" Musk is filling via his newly
   acquired social media platform, by arbitrarily and single-handedly
   deciding who gets to stay and what they can or cannot say. Musk acts, as
   billionaire entrepreneur and crypto advocate Mark Cuban has recently
   noted, like a one-man "judge and jury." Cuban [27]tweeted to Musk on Nov.
   29:

     We have no idea what Free Speech on Twitter is because you are judge and
     jury. There is no transparency.

   Indeed, it is now Elon's platform. He can do what he wants, and I am 100%
   okay with him doing that in principle, ignoring the glaring issue that
   social media platforms are massive data collection agencies for the state,
   complete with [28]special government portals for the control of
   "misinformation." That very topic was brought up to Elon, by the way, and
   he said: "I gotta dig into this trusted partnership thing. Obviously that
   has like some big brother vibes ... Twitter will adhere to the law, but
   it's not going to go beyond the law."

   Anyway, as an actual freedom absolutist (voluntaryist) myself, I have to
   put this [29]Fed-funded Musk to the test. As "private" as his image may be
   now, he's clearly in a position of state-influenced power which could be a
   huge detriment to everyday individuals and free speech/crypto advocates
   down the line. While he noted repeatedly that he wants Twitter to "come
   clean" about its past "suppression of information" in relation to U.S.
   electoral politics, Musk still delivered many mixed messages.

   [30]'I Wanted to Punch Kanye' — Free Speech Waffler Elon Musk’s
   Nonsensical Take on Bitcoin, CBDCs, and Censorship

`Free Speech Absolutist' Musk `Personally Wanted to Punch Kanye' But Allows
Murdering and Child-Abusing Politicians on His Platform

   Let me be very clear that I am not saying this is intentional here — it
   could ostensibly be a product of severe statist brainwash or ignorance —
   but Musk does allow literal child molesters (people who touch children
   inappropriately) and [31]child-murder approvers (drone warfare executive
   signatories such as [32]Joe Biden, Donald Trump, and Barack Obama) on the
   Twitter platform. They are seemingly welcomed with wide-open arms.

   And if you call these atrocities and such tragic loss of life going on
   mere "collateral damage," or "misrepresented love of kids" I'm just going
   to laugh at you and call you an idiot, because you are. I would also ask
   you to be the first to volunteer yourself and your children as victims of
   such attacks and sexual improprieties the next time a bankers' war or
   pervert politician comes to your town. But I digress.

   At the same time Musk allows these creeps on Twitter, he arbitrarily
   refuses to reinstate the account of controversial talk show host Alex
   Jones (another suspect character). This is because, according to Musk:
   “I have no mercy for anyone who would use the deaths of children for
   gain, politics or fame.” Jones, for his part, used free speech to
   question the official narrative of the 2012 [33]Sandy Hook school shooting
   in Newtown, Connecticut, causing a media uproar. However distasteful that
   may seem to some, it in no way compares with the actual murder and abuse
   perpetrated by those allowed to remain on Twitter.

   [34]'I Wanted to Punch Kanye' — Free Speech Waffler Elon Musk’s
   Nonsensical Take on Bitcoin, CBDCs, and Censorship

   Along with saying we shouldn't use the death of children for gain, Musk
   quoted Jesus of the Christian Bible and told a disputed story about his
   own child's tragic death to further emotionalize his point — a story
   which Musk's ex-wife says was [35]not even true. Whoever is right or wrong
   here, Musk did all this, ironically, under a Sam Harris tweet. For those
   unaware, the renowned atheist philosopher [36]Harris was not so long ago
   on the media hot seat for [37]proclaiming:

     Hunter Biden literally could have had the corpses of children in his
     basement, I would not have cared.

   Elon Musk seemingly has no problem with this. In the Space, he even
   proclaimed: "Hunter Biden seems kind of fun, to be honest." The stories
   and ideas above are all so tragic and/or disgusting that disputing details
   seems almost insensitive, on either side, but a dispassionate look under
   the microscope of reason is necessary in order to maintain rational
   clarity, and to avoid being tricked by manipulators who love to hide
   behind just such so-called taboo and "unmentionable" topics. Sacred cows.

   As for the reinstatement of former U.S. president Donald Trump's account,
   Musk had initially told "the people" a council would be determining such
   activities, but this plan was scrapped in lieu of a single Twitter poll
   from Elon's personal account.

   However, the "Vox Populi" demanding Alex Jones be brought back, and
   pressing questions about what constitutes so-called "negative" or "hate"
   tweets — which Musk said would now be "[38]max deboosted" and
   demonetized under his new rule — was summarily ignored by the
   self-crowned tech king.

   [39]'I Wanted to Punch Kanye' — Free Speech Waffler Elon Musk’s
   Nonsensical Take on Bitcoin, CBDCs, and Censorship

   Musk also recently banned hip-hop star Kanye West (who himself seems to me
   — for many reasons — another shill character designed to stir up
   misguided chaos and muddy the waters) for sharing a [40]controversial
   image, and after comments about Nazis and Hitler in an interview with Alex
   Jones. Musk stated in the Dec. 4 Twitter Space that Ye's recent tweet was
   an illegal “incitement to violence” specifically because:

     I personally wanted to punch Kanye, so that was definitely inciting me
     to violence.

   Needless to say, "incitement to violence" doesn't mean words that make one
   individual feel like using literal violence against the speaker. No matter
   how ludicrous or insensitive the words — or in this case, image — may
   be. Incitement to violence is saying something such as "Let's all go rob
   Joe tomorrow!" It’s beyond the scope of this article to go deeper into
   the behavior of [41]narcissists and megalomaniacs, but talking endlessly
   about [42]saving humanity, posturing as a literal messiah figure, and
   thinking you get to physically harm people because of their words is not
   usually a good sign. As H.L. Mencken famously [43]wrote:

     The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the
     urge to rule it. Power is what all messiahs really seek: not the chance
     to serve.

Elon’s Bitcoin and CBDC Confusion: ‘Money Is Digital Already’

   In the Dec. 4 Twitter space, joined by the likes of Ben Stiller, Musk’s
   mother, and a slew of militantly-moderate-opinion-toting normies, Musk was
   asked if he was worried about the rapid advent of [44]central bank digital
   currencies (CBDCs) across the globe. Like all the important questions in
   the live stream, he lived up to his self-applied label of being
   "fanatically moderate," and refused to answer directly. Instead, Musk
   presented some bizarre ideas implying that CBDCs would really be no
   different than the digital fiat currency we use today.

   Ignoring the fact that retail CBDCs can function as programmable money
   issued directly by [45]reckless governments and [46]central banks, and
   their similarly [47]disastrous policies — with the added ability to
   `[48]bake in` mechanisms like taxation, [49]digital ID, negative interest
   rates, and potential social credit systems right into the money itself —
   Musk diverted the conversation by focusing on the antiquated tech of
   today’s digital version of fiat, for an easy laugh from the all-to-eager
   fans listening.

   While openly acknowledging that "you can starve people to death" with
   draconian control of monetary systems earlier in the Space, he
   nevertheless said: “I think they’re conflating a few things. First of
   all, almost all money is digital already,” Musk said, noting: “Whether
   banks create their own cryptocurrencies I think is somewhat irrelevant.
   People will use the cryptocurrencies that they think will accrue value
   over time and not use the ones that don’t.”

   Of course, it’s unsettling for a supposed tech genius to ignore the
   critical difference between actual crypto like bitcoin cash or monero and
   CBDCs. Namely, that the latter involves the [50]violent force of the
   state. The only individual who seemed to even slightly push back
   against’s Musk's assumptions during the Twitter Space was [51]Kim
   Dotcom, but overall, and even from Kim, the amount of rear-end licking
   going on throughout was pretty nauseating.

   Musk's missing the boat on crypto and money should not surprise us. After
   all, he has missed the boat on free speech, and these two concepts are
   [52]inextricably related. Governments are already [53]cracking down on
   mere code, as evidenced by the recent United States OFAC ban and sanctions
   on the Tornado Cash mixing platform.

   It was this same ostensible tech whiz Musk that failed to understand
   bitcoin’s [54]minimal impact on, and even [55]benefits for, the climate
   and environment (especially compared to things like the fiat banking
   system's energy consumption, private jets constantly flying to Davos, and
   the dropping of bombs on people all over the world). Musk has instead
   chosen to push the climate panic and urge for a carbon tax, while
   [56]canceling bitcoin payments at Tesla. Again, either he is acting and
   gaslighting you, or isn’t actually very bright.

   [57]'I Wanted to Punch Kanye' — Free Speech Waffler Elon Musk’s
   Nonsensical Take on Bitcoin, CBDCs, and CensorshipA still from the film
   "Collateral Murder" featuring Wikileaks footage of American forces in Iraq
   opening fire on 12 individuals including journalists and two children.

Using Musk’s ‘Bull**** Meter’ Against His Own Actions

   Whatever you believe about the official narratives regarding freedom
   activist whistleblowers Julian Assange and Edward Snowden, Musk's
   milquetoast stance on the two in the Dec. 4 Twitter Space hosted by Nawfal
   is telling.

   It is hard to watch the [58]Wikileaks footage exposing the murder of
   innocent people by U.S. forces in Iraq, including journalists and
   children, and not feel sickness and rage boiling in your stomach at the
   injustice. One would imagine that at the very least, a free speech
   absolutist like Musk would be one hundred percent on the side of exposing
   such horrific crimes. But again, the self-proclaimed “fanatic
   moderate” chewed his lips, answering:

   "I don’t know enough about the Assange situation to give an accurate
   answer. There are things where national security stuff is involved that I
   think do need to be kept secret,” Musk said. He concluded that,
   regarding NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden: “Probably the best thing
   would be a jury of the public.”

   When pressed by Kim Dotcom, who noted that the legal system in the U.S.
   would render such a jury impossible, as exposing info such as Snowden did
   is a crime regardless, Musk gave up, sheepishly copping out:

     I don't know. I mean, there’s no easy answer to the Snowden/Assange
     situation.

   So much for the voice of the people, I guess. There actually is an easy
   answer for a "free speech absolutist," and it's not what Musk said.
   Adherence to draconian statist law seemed to be the running thread
   throughout Elon’s whole Spaces interview: We’ll do what we can, as
   long as it doesn’t conflict with the legal system, in other words. And,
   as evidenced by his recent single-handed Twitter bans, as long as it
   doesn’t hurt his feelings. To think that the fawning fans during the
   Spaces session were concerned about his safety from the powers that be.
   Why would he worry when he has just openly stated he will never disobey
   them?

   When asked about a conversation Musk had with failed FTX CEO Sam
   Bankman-Fried in the Space, Musk said:

     Deep insight wasn’t necessary. If someone’s calling you to talk
     about investing in a big transaction they should be asking questions
     about the transaction, not talking about themselves, and talking at the
     speed of an auctioneer. It didn’t require deep insight to figure out
     that the bull**** factor is high.

   I submit to you, reader, that if someone is presenting themselves as a
   “free speech absolutist,” crypto advocate, and candidate for savior of
   humanity from the uncontrollable NPC left and big-gov/big-tech oppression,
   they should not be a fed-funded, carbon-tax-pushing, gov-contract-having,
   centralized-content-censoring, WEF-young-global-leader-being,
   [59]Canadian-Social-Credit-Party-chair-descended,
   [60]neuralink-monkey-brain-damaging, New-World-Order-jacket-wearing,
   technocrat-social justice warrior who wants to physically assault people
   for the mere words they say.

   [61]'I Wanted to Punch Kanye' — Free Speech Waffler Elon Musk’s
   Nonsensical Take on Bitcoin, CBDCs, and Censorship

   Free speech absolutist. Okay. Cool story, bro.

In Conclusion: Something Is Very Wrong Here

   Looking around at the world and back at history, the Vox Populi is
   obviously not the Vox Dei — unless god is a raging idiot. And in the
   case of Hitler, the Vox Populi in Germany loved him. If Elon was truly as
   bright as they say, he would live by some of the many accurate words he
   has spoken. For example, when he noted that [62]the state is a monopoly on
   violence. But, for whatever reason, instead of speaking out against that
   same state, and pushing for a more voluntary and free market/open source
   society which truly would be conducive to free speech and crypto
   innovation and peace — like voluntaryism — Musk contracts with it, and
   pushes for more of the same oppression, but in a more deceptive way. Meet
   the new boss, worse than the woke boss.

   Toward the end of his appearance on the Twitter Space, Musk noted that
   account verification will likely be more specifically leveraged to get rid
   of bots, but who knows exactly what this process will eventually entail.
   It could mean that individuals wishing to have a voice on the platform and
   remain private and anonymous, may have a difficult time of it. "So there
   will be a gold check mark for commercial organizations, a gray check mark
   for governments, and a blue check mark for verified individuals," Musk
   noted. "There will be a strong policy against impersonation and
   deception," he added.

   Musk is a tough case because he often sounds convincing, speaking
   generalized, cliched truths to oppressed people desperate for an escape
   from the woke technocratic nightmare that is happening. He is the perfect
   synthesis of an elitist Hegelian dialectic to pacify and gaslight
   (intentionally or otherwise) dissenters on both sides of the fake
   bipartisan political scheme, allowing those that have always controlled
   the world — the eugenicists, bankers, and secretive interests behind
   closed doors, to continue duping “the people.”

   In other words, it's all a big pro-wrestling show, going on while the
   overarching draconian agendas involving CBDCs, global surveillance, and
   impending climate lockdowns move steadily forward. As such, what is
   perceived as Gospel truth by the majority — the "Vox Dei" — is almost
   always lunacy. If I am deemed a lunatic for taking this view, well, time
   will tell it.

   But in the words of AC/DC's Brian Johnson in the hit song "Hells Bells":
   "If god's on the left, I'm stickin to the [apolitical] right."

   To listen to Musk's Twitter Spaces appearance, one can do so on Twitter
   [63]here, or on Odysee, [64]here.

        Tags in this story

   [65]alex jones, [66]Altruism, [67]bitcoin cash, [68]CBDC, [69]central bank
   digital currency, [70]Code Is Speech, [71]Donald Trump, [72]Economic
   Freedom, [73]Free Speech, [74]Government, [75]Great Reset, [76]H.L.
   Mencken, [77]Joe Biden, [78]Julian Assange, [79]Kanye West, [80]Kim
   Dotcom, [81]Mario Nawfal, [82]Monero, [83]Musk, [84]Musk Free Speech,
   [85]Narcissism, [86]New World Order, [87]Politics, [88]Social Credit,
   [89]Social Media, [90]Tornado cash, [91]Twitter, [92]Twitter Spaces,
   [93]UBI, [94]Voluntaryism, [95]War Crimes, [96]Wikileaks

   What do you think about Musk? Let us know in the comments section below.

        Graham Smith

   Graham Smith is an American expat living in Japan, and the founder of
   Voluntary Japan—an initiative dedicated to spreading the philosophies of
   unschooling, individual self-ownership, and economic freedom in the land
   of the rising sun.

   [97][IMG]

        [98]Don’t Forget the Importance of Censorship Resistance

  24. https://news.bitcoin.com/category/op-ed/
  25. https://news.bitcoin.com/author/grahamsmith/
  26. https://odysee.com/@machaine:9/elonmusk_tspace:7
  27. https://www.benzinga.com/news/22/11/29885272/mark-cuban-calls-elon-musk-judge-and-jury-of-his-social-media-company-when-do-we-see-twitter-bill-of