[log][censorship?] github "secondary ratelimit"

Thu Dec 1 00:56:33 PST 2022

0350 AM

I blockchained a video stream of github giving me a strange ratelimit
error for the first time ever, during normal browsing. The event in
the stream is preceded by me experiencing a past influence trigger to
poop rather than continue a small project.

The text of the error, which has been occurring on every page, is:

Whoa there!
You have exceeded a secondary rate limit.

Please wait a few minutes before you try again;
in some cases this may take up to an hour.

Contact Support — GitHub Status — @githubstatus

I viewed the source and it looked like the content was generated by
javascript, not certain.

When I refreshed the page to include network details in this post, the
site began working again.

My video stream can presently be viwed with download.py from
https://github.com/xloem/log .
Make a file containing this content on one line:
{"ditem": ["N8R9sPCEIat6OOQRaCpy8dc4g0W1aacoP9yBuvylzv8"],
"min_block": [1068522,
"VBm4hzP_wNuv8neg7au0Fp-zlDThCxcJeIGb_Ol3qYViIqmhX2-Wt2t1U7Ib7zP8"],
"api_timestamp": 1669884875164}

And pass the filename to download.py . It will attempt to write the
video content on stdout.

The block containing that ditem hasn't mined yet at this time, so
there's no guarantee or anything quite yet.