" Assault by threat " on the cypherpunks list

professor rat pro2rat at yahoo.com.au
Wed Aug 31 03:32:02 PDT 2022

Carl Johnson's ' Dead Lucky ' system, and some associated posts appear to qualify back in the 90's and early Noughties. Then there was my contribution with
" Operation Soft Drill ". Finally Mongo, himself cracked and ' assaulted "
( Snork! )Paul Wolfowitz , second in charge at the Pentagon at the time.

TIM " I guess now that the Pentagon is setting up a murder pool it can't be illegal for us to do it " MAY. 2003

He was right! - since 2003 assassination markets have not been cited in legal proceedings against cypherpunks - another famous victory in the Crypto Wars!

This doesn't mean we can't get droned tomorrow like Whassisname alkawi.

But I suggest it clarifies that fine line between outlaw cryptoanarchists and some studiously law-abiding circle-of-eunuchs.