[ot][spam][crazy][personal] karl miniupdate

Undiscussed Groomed for Male Slavery, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 12:18:10 PDT 2022

On 8/30/22, Undiscussed Groomed for Male Slavery, One Victim of Many
<gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1234 ET
>
> i'm engaging a bug in neural network training plans in gneural
> networks. the call to memcpy was backward, copying the new unallocated
> memory over the data that was set. have not yet verified that i am
> interpreting the bug correctly.

more detail:

there are a handful of parallel functions that put a structure on the
stack as well as a pointer to it. the structure is filled via this
pointer, rather than direct access to the stack object.
after the structure is filled, the pointer is reseated to point to
memory on the heap.
a copy is then performed from the heap memory, to the stack. (the
thing that seems a big error to me) then the unallocated heap memory
is returned to the program.
in two of the functions it looks to me like the copy is made from a
different buffer with a similar name that has unrelated content.

the error strikes me because it is similar to errors i struggle with
in day to day activities, with a reversal that trashes the intent
maybe paired with a use of the reversed thing before or under its
reversal

this thing i am scared of is not the main issue, as far as i can tell,
it's still failing when i swap it to look right, so i may be
describing my thinking issues rather than the code, who knows