Anti War: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 23:50:31 PDT 2022

On 8/21/22, jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I suppose it should be possible to geo-limit these weapons to prevent them
> from being used outside a pre-defined area.

Sure anything with a seeker in it depends on ASIC
electronic packages that could have that embedded.

Then what do you do when the enemy jams, kills,
or owns your GPS, ask them nicely to go home?
Program it to fallback open so the buyer can wrap
the GPS chip in tinfoil RF shielding?
Tell your allies/proxies/agents on the ground the
"secret" override code? Won't stay secret,
unentered, uncaptured, or unsold for long.
Reset or disable the self-destruct timer... ditto.

Or the local black market underground arms trafficker
rips out your ASIC and puts their own Heathkit controller in it,
think it can still hit a fat airbus 1km past the airport fence?

The PAL's on nukes didn't depend on comms,
and were literally all zero's for years,
and are still left easy enough to launch by agreeing to
or otherwise overriding human controls when SHTF,
for similar reasons.

People don't buy guns with bio readers, wifi chips, batteries, etc...
they need them to go bang when they pull the trigger.

Analysts are right though, each time one of these sorts
of wars happens, it becomes a bit less safer to fly.

And you'd need arms control treaties for mutuality.

Cheap man portable arms... someone somewhere
will still print them out of Raspberry-Pi's and a rocket kit
and sell them.

Medieval combat, melees ships cavalry biplanes firing lines...
at least those were honest, and safer.

Humans haven't been able to keep from opening Pandora's Box,
or to put any of their Genie's back in the Bottle.

Seems updating their minds with the NAP might get them
farther than updating their weapons with the latest technology.