USA 2020 Elections: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 19:38:39 PDT 2022

> https://donaldjtrump.com/
> https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump
> https://www.theepochtimes.com/t-donald-trump
> While the secret documents content would bigly expose something,
> the real story are the political frauds waged against Trump for years...

The Return Of Peter Strzok: How A Fired FBI Official Is Making The
Case Against Himself

https://jonathanturley.org/2022/08/21/strzok-out-how-a-fired-fbi-official-is-making-the-case-against-himself/
https://jonathanturley.org/2022/08/11/the-mar-a-lago-raid-criminal-prosecution-or-political-indemnification/

Peter Strzok is back in the news this week.

Career colleagues at the Justice Department previously referred Strzok
for possible criminal charges and he was fired for his bias and
unprofessional conduct. However, Strzok was immediately embraced by
many in the media and establishment for his anti-Trump sentiments.
After he was fired, the former special agent was given a lucrative
book deal, lionized on the left, featured prominently as an expert by
CNN, and given a teaching job at Georgetown.

It was an extraordinary recovery from a scandal where he showed
flagrant bias, engaged in an affair with another married colleague at
the FBI, and fought to continue to investigate Russian collusion
claims despite early warnings over the questionable basis of the
allegations pushed by the Clinton campaign. (Strzok’s colleague and
former paramour, Lisa Page, was given a contract as a legal analyst
with NBC and MSNBC).

Now, Strzok appears liberated in showing precisely the bias and
unhinged hostility alleged by his critics. He has been in the news
lashing out at Trump and trolling his objections to the raid on
Mar-a-Lago.

The seizure of Trump’s passports has raised more doubts about the
seemingly unlimited scope of the search. One of the passports taken in
the raid was Trump’s active diplomatic passport, according to an email
from the Justice Department made public by Trump spokesman Taylor
Budowich. The  other two passports alleged were expired.

Last week, Strzok was one of the first to jump on the bandwagon with
CBS News anchor Norah O’Donnell, who blasted out a tweet claiming DOJ
sources refuting Trump’s claim that the FBI took his passports. The
“CBS Evening News” anchor reported that the Department of Justice did
not have Trump’s passports, tweeting, “According to a DOJ official,
the FBI is NOT in possession of former President Trump’s passports.”

In fact, the FBI did take the passports and had to later return them.
The clear import of O’Donnell’s tweet was that Trump was lying.

That was clearly the message received by various critics, including
Rep. Adam Kinzinger, who is purportedly serving as an unbiased member
of the January 6th committee. Kinzinger, R-Ill., wrote, “Lies lies
lies and more lies.”

    Lies lies lies and more lies. https://t.co/meJ7uQHF5b
    — Adam Kinzinger🇺🇦🇺🇸✌️ (@AdamKinzinger) August 16, 2022

Notably, Strzok was also among those eager to spread the O’Donnell
report, tweeting, “And unsurprisingly, Trump’s statement turns out not
to be true.” He later deleted it.

Strzok has sounded at times like a virtual troll on social media.
Recently, he again lashed out at the story that the FBI took Trump’s
passport and mocked Trump’s call to lower the temperature in the
country after the raid. Strzok tweeted “Please oh please keep asking
how you can turn down the temperature in the country,. And why does he
have two passports? The Russian passport, of course, is kept in a
vault at Yasenevo and only swapped out at third country meets, so it
can’t be that one.”

Strzok’s bias and violation of FBI rules led to career Justice
Department investigators referring his case to prosecutors and
ultimately led to his firing from the FBI. His emails showed intense
bias against Donald Trump and highly concerning statements about
having an “insurance policy” in place if Trump were to win the
election.

On January 4, 2017, the FBI’s Washington Field Office issued a
“Closing Communication” indicating that the bureau was terminating
“CROSSFIRE RAZOR” — the newly disclosed codename for the investigation
of Michael Flynn.  Strzok intervened.

Keep in mind CROSSFIRE RAZOR was formed to determine whether Michael
Flynn “was directed and controlled by” or “coordinated activities with
the Russian Federation in a manner which is a threat to the national
security” of the United States or a violation of federal foreign agent
laws.  The FBI investigated Flynn and various databases and determined
that “no derogatory information was identified in FBI holdings.” Due
to this conclusion, the Washington Field Office concluded that Flynn
“was no longer a viable candidate as part of the larger CROSSFIRE
HURRICANE umbrella case.”

On that same day, however, Strzok instructed the FBI case manager
handling CROSSFIRE RAZOR to keep the investigation open, telling him
“Hey don’t close RAZOR.”  The FBI official replied, “Okay.” Strzok
then confirmed again, “Still open right? And you’re the case agent?
Going to send you [REDACTED] for the file.” The FBI official
confirmed: “I have not closed it … Still open.” Strzok responded “Rgr.
I couldn’t raise [REDACTED] earlier. Pls keep it open for now.”

Strzok also wrote FBI lawyer Lisa Page, the same person Strzok had
referenced his “insurance policy” to in emails. Strzok texted Page:
“Razor still open. :@ but serendipitously good, I guess. You want
those chips and Oreos?” Page replied “Phew. But yeah that’s amazing
that he is still open. Good, I guess.” Strzok replied “Yeah, our utter
incompetence actually helps us. 20% of the time, I’m guessing :)”

That exchange is not as disconcerting as Strzok’s actions.  After a
finding of “no derogatory information,” Strzok reached for the Logan
Act and sent a research paper on the notoriously unconstitutional law.

As with those like Laurence Tribe claiming a “slam dunk” case for
conviction before any real evidence, let alone a charge, there is a
familiar pattern to this coverage. Many of us have said that there
could be criminal conduct revealed by this raid, but we simply do not
know. There is much that we do not know to establish such a case, let
alone speculate on its outcome. That is why some of us have called for
greater transparency from the Justice Department, including the
release of substantive portions of a redacted affidavit.

For his part, Strzok appears eager to confirm the allegations made
against him. Yet, these public statements only fuel the concern of
many that the raid was another “insurance policy” by the FBI. For his
former colleagues at the FBI, Strzok’s trolling can hardly be a
welcomed addition to the public controversy over their investigation.