Collapse: Earth Overshoot Day

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 20:52:44 PDT 2022

Biden-Dems get formally spanked by another body, again...

White House Climate Science Overseer Sanctioned And Barred By The
National Academy Of Sciences

https://summit.news/2022/08/17/white-house-climate-science-overseer-sanctioned-and-barred-by-the-national-academy-of-sciences/
https://www.axios.com/2022/08/16/white-house-climate-official-sanctioned
https://www.nasonline.org/about-nas/code-of-conduct/nas-code-of-conduct.pdf
https://republicans-science.house.gov/_cache/files/f/5/f50f9c06-a9d1-48eb-969d-4f41781a8fd2/CDD51FF99829EF225D95FFCB8B16A0A7.2022-02-10-letter-to-wh-on-lubchenco-scientific-integrity.pdf
https://summit.news/2022/07/27/videos-biden-energy-secretary-admits-being-obsessed-with-green-transition/

A senior White House climate advisor has been sanctioned by the
National Academy of Sciences for violating its ethics policies.

Axios reports that Jane Lubchenco, the deputy director for climate and
environment at the White House Office of Science and Technology
Policy, has been pulled up by the NAS for editing a paper later found
to contain technical errors, as well as having worked with the
scientists involved in it, one of which turned out to be her
brother-in law.

    Now, how many studies and projects cited her work, justifying more
grants, and drove policies???
    — Mike (@mcposwusnr) August 16, 2022

Lubchenco was found to have violated NAS Code of Conduct Section 3,
which states that “NAS members shall avoid those detrimental research
practices that are clear violations of the fundamental tenets of
research.”

The section also notes “Members should be fair and objective peer
reviewers, maintain confidentiality when requested, promptly move to
correct the literature when errors in their own work are detected,
include all deserving authors on publications, and give appropriate
credit to prior work in citations.”

Axios notes that Lubchenco commented “I accept these sanctions for my
error in judgment in editing a paper authored by some of my research
collaborators — an error for which I have publicly stated my regret.”

The report also notes that GOP Representatives Frank Lucas of
Oklahoma, Stephanie Bice of Oklahoma and Jay Obernolte of California
wrote an open letter in February calling for the White House to ”
consider whether Dr. Lubchenco’s leading role in the Administration’s
scientific integrity efforts undermines public confidence in future
policy decisions.”

The Republicans also noted that “As an editor at the Proceedings of
the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS), Dr. Lubchenco demonstrated a
clear disregard for rules meant to prevent conflicts of interest in
publishing peer-reviewed studies.”

“Now, Dr. Lubchenco is playing a leading role in developing and
overseeing this Administration’s best practices for scientific
integrity. Her violation of one of the core tenets of scientific
integrity makes her current leadership role very troubling,” the GOP
reps. added.

Lubchenco is still inhabiting the role at the White House and has been
tweeting and retweeting material related to the so called green energy
‘transition’:

    It was a long time coming. Now we can get even more accomplished
https://t.co/MNiFUo6k07
    — Jane Lubchenco (@JaneLubchenco46) August 12, 2022

    YAY!!! https://t.co/qD5jmrU32T
    — Jane Lubchenco (@JaneLubchenco46) August 12, 2022