Coronavirus: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 20:44:52 PDT 2022

When Govt says its infrastructure was too frail,
beware what the coming beefed up version will do to people,
1984's Disinfo Commissions are just the beginning.

CDC Announces Overhaul After Botching Pandemic

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-08-17/cdc-overhaul-director-walensky-lays-out-new-course-after-pandemic-missteps

After more than two years of missteps and backpedaling over Covid-19
guidance that had a profound effect on Americans' lives, the Centers
for Disease Control (CDC) announced on Wednesday that the agency would
undergo a complete overhaul - and will revamp everything from its
operations to its culture after failing to meet expectations during
the pandemic, Bloomberg reports.

    Director Rochelle Walensky began telling CDC’s staff Wednesday
that the changes are aimed at replacing the agency’s insular, academic
culture with one that’s quicker to respond to emergencies. That will
mean more rapidly turning research into health recommendations,
working better with other parts of government and improving how the
CDC communicates with the public. -Bloomberg

"For 75 years, CDC and public health have been preparing for Covid-19,
and in our big moment, our performance did not reliably meet
expectations," said Director Rochelle Walensky. "I want us all to do
better and it starts with CDC leading the way.  My goal is a new,
public health action-oriented culture at CDC that emphasizes
accountability, collaboration, communication and timeliness."

As Bloomberg further notes, The agency has been faulted for an
inadequate testing and surveillance program, for not collecting
important data on how the virus was spreading and how vaccines were
performing, for being too under the influence of the White House
during the Trump administration and for repeated challenges
communicating to a politically divided and sometimes skeptical
public."

A few examples:

    CDC Spreads Misinformation On Masking, Not Science
    CDC Admits No Record Of Naturally Immune Transmitting COVID-19
    CDC's Masking Flip-Flop
    CDC Admits It Gave False Information About COVID-19 Vaccine Surveillance
    CDC Admits It Can't Back Claim That Vaccines Don't Cause Variants
    Causing Coronavirus Confusion Again

Walensky made the announcement in a Wednesday morning video message to
CDC staff, where she said that the US has 'significant work to do' in
order to improve the country's public health defenses.

"Prior to this pandemic, our infrastructure within the agency and
around the country was too frail to tackle what we confronted with
Covid-19," she said. "To be frank, we are responsible for some pretty
dramatic, pretty public mistakes — from testing, to data, to
communications."

    Expired: Trust the science

    Wired: Trust the restructuring https://t.co/JL4G0JQOel
    — zerohedge (@zerohedge) August 17, 2022

The CDC overhaul comes on the heels of the agency admitting that
"unvaccinated people now have the same guidance as vaccinated people"
- and that those exposed to COVID-19 are no longer required to
quarantine.