Fw: Is Karl Semich on the autistic spectrum?

Karl Semich 0xloem at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 18:00:41 PDT 2022

PR, my psychology is somewhat unique.

I was diagnosed with asperger's disorder in grade school. This means I
am on the autism spectrum.

I had a reason for not engaging in social behavior: my reason was that
everybody was ignoring and hiding their important social cues, and
that we needed to actually discuss these important things.

For a decade or two, I did not even say "hi" or "hello" or "thanks" to
people. I had simply never learned this.

In my twenties, I took a wilderness awareness program and began
meditating on other people.

I became one of the most socially astute people in my community, often
sensing where people were at without even speaking with them, because
of my constant meditation.

This was very different.

Toward the end of my twenties, I became politically targeted and lost
my mind. In the course of this, I reverted to more childlike behavior
in many ways.

I had learned the social skills with a lot of willpower and ongoing
study. I lost them basically completely. I lost things I hadn't done
all my life.

I also experienced encouragement to hurt the people in my communities,
which was very unpleasant to me and made it very hard to struggle be
social and caring.

Software development, that was something I'd done all my life, that is
easier for me to recover.

But I miss the wilderness.

And care is what I am about, deep inside.