USA 2020 Elections: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 20:32:32 PDT 2022

> https://donaldjtrump.com/
> While the secret documents content would bigly expose something,
> the real story are the political frauds waged against Trump for years...

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/108798953373375449

Trump Refuses To Answer NY AG's Questions At Deposition

Former President Trump on Wednesday announced that he would not be
answering questions in his court-ordered deposition in New York
Attorney General Letitia James' three-year probe of his organization.

After arriving just before 9 a.m. at the AG's NYC headquarters, Trump
released a statement which reads in part: "accordingly, under the
advice of my counsel and for all of the above reasons, I declined to
answer the questions under the rights and privileges afforded to every
citizen under the United States Constitution."

"I did nothing wrong, which is why, after five years of looking, the
Federal, State and local governments, together with the Fake News
Media, have found nothing," the statement continues. "We cannot permit
a renegade and out-of-control prosecutor to use this investigation as
a means of advancing her political career."

"I once asked, ‘If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth
Amendment?" Now I know the answer to that question," the statement
continues.

Shortly before Trump's deposition, he posted this to Rumble:

James had insisted that Trump be deposed in person, Insider reports,
after her office issued its original subpoena in December while
investigating whether the Trump Organization misstated the value of
various properties on financial documents - which James alleges were
then used to obtain tax breaks and bank loans.

James' office is considering whether to file a civil suit against
Trump, claiming in court filings that they have "uncovered substantial
evidence establishing numerous misrepresentations" regarding Trump's
financial statements to banks, insurers and the IRS.

Trump's legal team fought the December subpoena for more than six
months - losing in both the State Supreme Court and in a Manhattan
appeals court - after which the Trumps (Trump, Trump Jr., and Ivanka
Trump) agreed to sit for depositions - which were delayed by the death
of Ivanna Trump on July 14. Both Trump Jr. and Ivanka sat for
depositions last week.

Trump's refusal comes two days after the FBI raided his Mar-a-Lago
home in Palm Beach, Florida - reportedly to find boxes of materials
that the former president may have removed from the White House upon
leaving office.

Trump's statement can be read below: