[personal] [random notes] [eeg etc]

Undiscussed Groomed for Male Slavery, One Victim of Many gmkarl+brainwashingandfuckingupthehackerslaves at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 10:09:16 PDT 2022

The muse S breaks too, although I admit it is cheaper. OpenBCI has
cheaper products as well, ones that support stacking together and are
written in open source software.

There are newer products sold now; many kickstarters etc have been
making devices. There is also an older community device called the
openeeg supported a little by groups I engage a little bit already.
The openeeg looks like it hasn't had activity in some time; I haven't
found where it is happening, but could ask the connections I slightly
have.

My Muse S is _turned off_. I do not use it. Putting it on at all has
been my step, like the wim hof showers for going outside. I reverse
engineered its protocol once. decompiling the commercial binary, so I
could make a logger more robust than what is sold. After reversing its
protocol, I discovered that it was public but the page had gone down.
I had worked with the public protocol in the past and forgotten this.

One of the communities I am in is a meshing of researchers and
hackers. The people on the chat are very, very experienced, many of
them with graduate degrees, and happy and excited to work with people
who are new. I never go on, and am scared to internally. I started a
conversation with one but waited so long to reply that what they said
had left the chat history by the time I got back. That was a few years
ago.

The chat is the neurotechx chat. It used to be easy to find, then it
became hidden deep inside some forms or websites somewhere. Not sure
how it is now. They were stuggling to effectively log their slack
channel; needs a bridge to a logged community. It often has crucial
research streaming by that then gets lost. This is true of other
research communities, too.